585,687 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Ez rout vs. Shopsabre vs. Shopbot vs. Digirout vs. Warthog vs. Vortech

View Poll Results: Which CNC router Company do you think is best?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ez router

20 16.67%
  • Shopsabre

26 21.67%
  • Shopbot

46 38.33%
  • Digirout

4 3.33%
  • Warthog

5 4.17%
  • Vortech

19 15.83%
Page 1 of 3 123

Question Ez rout vs. Shopsabre vs. Shopbot vs. Digirout vs. Warthog vs. Vortech

Hello,
    I'm looking to buy a " turn key " cnc router from either of the following companies. Based on your knowledge and respect for these/ which would you most likely vote on being the most reliable financially economic cnc router solution. Please feel free to write reasons behind your decisions...

I've narrowed it down to 3 key players.
    EZ router
    Shopsabre
    Shopbot

Also theres:
    Digirout - but after their lack of response to most of my emails I got a bad vibe and there outstandingly low prices at first drew me in but now made me suspicious.
    Warthog cnc - Waiting on a quote from them/ have recently found them
    Vortech cnc - Allegedly not too good of a reputation from what I've read on the posts.

Never the less/ with about 10,000$ to invest. Which would you vote most reliable/ supported / ready to run cnc machine. Personally I'm casting my vote on EZ router.

(group)

What size machine are you looking for? For under 10K you can get a K2CNC depends on the size of course.....

Oh, it needs to be a 48" x 96". I'm in the plastic fabrication business and the 4'x8' sheets are most typical. Thanks for the interest!

Are you suggesting that k2cnc is more reputable than shopsabre or ez- router?...

Smile

I think that you shout chuse the shopbot in my company we have 4 sb machines .the support is ok they are proff and fast .It is a little difficult with spare part it is mayby because that we are an overseas company .

$10,000 for 48x96. Your not going to get much of a "turn key" machine.
    Save your money. Just getting it delivered, up and running is going to eat a BIG chuck of your money. For that size machine you'll need at least
    $20k-$30k to get a reasonably decent machine and have enough left to get it going. At least the way I see it. It's better to wait and have the resources to do it right rather than sink everything in the machine and have no margin for error.

Good luck,
    Todd
    www.innovative-accents.com

Smile

Thanks for the post Todd. I came to that very conclusion after deliberating which to buy for about 2 months now... Ironically and reasonably regarding this; I've decided to build the machine myself. Something I was trying to avoid at first but after close consideration of the complicity involved I find it do-able. Only problem right now I'm facing before ordering parts is not knowing the exact footprint needed to operate the table at atleast x48" x y96" x z4". Looking at aluminum extrusions I've compiled a large table that should be able to give me enough space. Here is the attached top view and the dimensions.

The box represents 1 square foot of space designated for the z axis mounts/ etc. I think 1 square foot should be more than a safe amount of space. The center of the box marked X is ideally where the router bit will end up being/ or around that area. Aluminum extrusions used will be 2" from top.

Comparing this to a ready to go turn key machine I compiled a finance saved list to compare the savings and see if it would be worth my time building one. The answer is yes :rainfro:. I'm sure some of you are curious what the digits come in at so here we go:

Entire aluminum table frame:
    Legs- 2"x2" al extrude 6pc @ 36" = 135.78

96" length - 2"x2" al extrude 2 pc @ 116" = 127.40 ( I've created a 2 inch over hand on both ends to attach brackets ( not shown in the drawing ))

48" length 2"x2" al extrude 2 pc @ 60" = 65.80

Brackets to be used for table 2x2 22pcs = 104.94

Feet supports/ +- 20$

Electrical:

Completed turn key electrical package from motion tek quoted me 2375.
    ( supplier found on ebay/ 1200 oz motor package seems like a good deal to me... )

So far total:
    $2828.92
    +shipping
    +the linear rails and racks n pinions to worry about.

New final total:
    I'm predicting that around 5k will be spent, not bad aye? :cheers:

Anyways I thought I'd bring this all to light in case there's some big fundamental flaw I'm committing that someone who has built or even worked with these before could point out I'd really appreciate it. Any feedback is welcome thanks!

There are plenty of guys here @ CNCzone that have done it. Post it up on th D.I.Y. forum and see what they have to say. I'm sure you'll get some good advice from the ones that have done it before. My SS 4896 is actually 60inch x112inch . I recommend going larger if you can. Never hurts to have the extra space.

Good luck

Wow thats a good sign, I guess I'm on the right track if shopsabres4869 footprint is 60x112 compared to my 64x112 :banana:.

I'd love to go bigger but my warehouse is about 600 sq feet so throwing a huge table ontop of all the other equipment I have will halt production.

Quite honostly its a problem I'm rather avoiding right now as the only spot I have for this will be at my drive in door and I'll have to kick the panel saw somewhere else. Most likely I'll attach wheels to this machine once I have everything else taken care of...

Check this out http://www.camtech.ca/spacemaker.html
    If you do put casters on it make sure they retract. The inertia
    of the gantry moving will cause your machine to move. That is
    if its fast.

If you want something that nig, build a mechMate. www.mechmate.com

You can buy just about all the parts needed, so it's basically a kit. And, a proven design.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I went with EZ router

After looking at the same companies, I went with EZ router. Had a Geko damaged in shipping, called they overnighted the new one and talked me through replacing it and it run perfect ever since. I cut every thing from .020 in width inlays for pegheads to necks and bodies. No complaints at all.

Thats interesting Vortech doesn't come up on the first page of a Google search, yets its second in the poll.

What did you search for?

i have camasters one 408 cobra (ten years old and kickin a) and another x3 508 delivered next week, what i love about these guys as well as all the others who own them is this

they ain't the biggest they ain't the best

but they ain't second best to any one

www.camaster.com

www.camheads.org

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=424

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RNVHAMmZtI"]YouTube - CNC Router Atlanta GA for CabinetMaking Woodworking and More[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KiRA5lNesc"]YouTube - Part 1 CAMaster Cobra X3 Cabinet Machine[/ame]

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

well, Vortech. right click, search Google for selection...

lets try this again and on the open forums

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

I get them on the 5th hit on yahoo? I'm working on one of them now. If you are looking for "high dollar" turn key, they are not your option. If you want cheap and don't mind a little work then go with them.

Now where did I put that forklift...

Vortech Router has to be made in Ireland...

because practically everything I found on it is Pure Blarney. If youre going to dispute that, then post some real pictures of it in your shop. I've seen an EZ Router and its a hell of a machine but its below a Vortech in the poll, no sorry, my Blarney meter went off just there! Dubliner, and I would know Blarney, trust me.

Page 1 of 3 123