585,885 active members*
6,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > help!!! Linde CM-50 Shape Cutting Machine

help!!! Linde CM-50 Shape Cutting Machine

Ok I just aquired a "Linde CM-50/AST Shape Cutting Machine", with a Burny 2.5 CNC Control. It has 4 torch heads and one torch head switches out to plasma. It also has the line tracer on it. The rail length is just over 26ft.

Anyone know about this beast of a machine?

Is there any intrest in these machines. The guy I purchased it from apparently sold me something I wasn't looking for but figured I could use for something. I design and build industrial art and furniture. I think this machine is way to much.

I retrofitted one of these a few years ago, it had a 100ft track!
    http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=rosta
    See post 12# etc.
    I found most of the owners of these machines ask for the trace cutting to be retained, but often never use it again after CNC conversion.
    It is a sturdy machine alright.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have been reading the post on convert my table to cnc plasma. My question is the table is 26ft long. It has a span of about 6ft I think. The gantry hangs off to the right of the table to cut, and in between the rails are where the drawings sit. It has a rack and pinion set-up on the right rail and a smooth track on the left. I have been cleaning the gantry and with the drive motor released it moves with the touch of a finger.

If I convert this table should I buy or build a new gantry? Or leave it cut to the side of the table? Should I just try to sell or trade this thing for something that fits better in my shop? I really just need a cutting area of 4x4... Who would I try to sell this thing to? Any takers? Linde CM-50/ AST, Burny 2.5 cnc control, 3- Oxy, Act torches, 100 amp plasma heads. Make me an offer. Its in Holt, MI 48842