585,665 active members*
3,763 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Microkinetics 1236 cnc lathe conversion kit

Microkinetics 1236 cnc lathe conversion kit

Anyone use the Microkinetics 1236 cnc lathe conversion kit?http://www.microkinetics.com/convkit.htm I would be interested in how well the kit works as I am thinking of buying one.

Lathe is good

I've got one of the MicroKinetics 1236 lathes with the pre-installed CNC conversion kit.

It took me a LONG TIME to figure out that the G92 command resets the counters to their current location and therefore I thought the thing was "losing it's mind" but instead it was doing exactly what I was telling it to do, I was telling it to reset the counters. The reason this took so long for me to figure out was that the manual TELLS YOU To use the G92 command in the beginning of each program and therefore I'd get through the program, then when the program restarted, since I'd left the axises in the final position of the cut, not EXACTLY back at the tool start position, the G92 command would execute and the counters would be reset.

What a puzzle! Since I've figured this out It's been a pleasure to use and hasn't had any issues yet.

MicroKinetics MN400E controller

Hello to anyone. I have Paxton/Patterson traning centre lathe which is runing smoothly with MN400E controller (From MicroKinetics) and Turnmaster Pro software but I want to use MN400E controller for mill machine with Mach3 software .Please someone out there help me solve this problem (I really don't like millmaster pro at all),thanks.

http://www.microkinetics.com/

These are the folks you should contact.

I've got their lathe, and if anyone can help you it might be these guys.