585,741 active members*
4,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Nakamura WT-250 lathes

Our shop has on opportunity to purchase a 2004 WT250 with dual spindles, dual turrents, LNS bar feeder, gantry unloader, and options for all tools being live. Any comments on these machines good or bad? Any idea of what the price should be? Hours are in the 7300 range.

Best regards,

Paul

pcschwenke,
    I have heard nothing but good things, but no hands on. I just got a DVD with a 150 & 250 running parts.....unreal....

Kool parts,

Thanks for your response. Reason for posting about this machine is that I've not heard anything bad! I searched the internet several times but, not much information. Everyone seems to like them and they are hard to find used in the US. I called 3 used machine dealers, all say they have 2000 or 2001 machines, all have been sold. Prices are very close the one we have found. We looked at this machine on Monday and it looks incredible.

Paul

Have had my eye on this one, but have other needs first

http://inv.automatics.com/q/webinv/0...orm,,,20111180,,

Thanks for the information on that machine. The one we are looking at is a 2004 within 4 hours our our shop. Both seem to have pretty much the same features. Great machines.

Paul

WT-150

hi I currently programme & set a WT-150 & it an amazing machine . Does anybody use G196 for transfer as im told its not taught although I find it to be the easiest method about. Anybody got any tips on programming would be most welcome

We have a WT-250 at our shop, good machine, ours doesn't have the bar feeder. What gantry loader does it have? Ours has the GR series loader out of Japan, I've been told it is different that some of the others but still works very well. Where is your shop located? If it is in Indiana/Kentucky get with Meredith Machinery they are the distributors and have very good service and support. The other shops I know of are in Boston and Michigan both run by Methods Machine and also have very good service and support for these lathes