584,837 active members*
4,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

supermax/anilam crusader series m

I recently purchased a supermax mill with anilam controls.$5000. It was supposed to work fine for cutting small aluminum parts, but I can't get the dam thing to work and anilam doesn't want to help just sell me something new to make it work for $7OOO. Those guys in buffalo suck! Anyways the mill looks nes and ways are fine. I don't think it cut alot of metal in the past. It all looks new. But I only have green lines going across the screen, and there is power to the mill it turns and all but no action from the sevos. One guy told me the colored boards are cook. So I just want to scrap the computer, and screen, use the mill and the d.c. 9.5 volt servos with my pc in the garage i just had up graded to use with bobcad v19. My question is what else do I need, used or cheapest way to go please, even a package deal. Anyone have any idea's. Thanks.

I also have a SuperMax YCM-30 & Anilam

Hi,

I also have a SuperMax YCM-30 and an Anilam controller (Paid $2000 for it).
    Mine still works good - create G-code in BobCAD V20/V21.
    Anilam people (Jerry) Helped me a lot initially.
    I plan on retrofitting it with Gecko-320 based controller (And really documenting the crap out of it for the CNC-Zone.)

I live in Romeo Michigan
    PM me here if I can be of help.

Joe
    www.CNC-Joe.com
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!

Mesa Electronics and EMC are a great way to go. If the drives re good, they will work very well with Mesa products.

Is speed the only difference (besides price) when comparing the Gecko's to the Viper200's? I'm starting to convert my YCM-40 to Mach-3.

It is not really a matter of speed per se - but power. Power = I*V...
    The Gecko's run at 80V - other systems run at 120-200 V.

The more voltage -the more power.

The more power - the more weight you'll be able to truck around on the table. You are still limited in cutting speed via the spindle power.

I am really considering going to the LarKen's as - I can use the base 120V DC transformer that is in the Anilam. Then again - I love power (Tim the Toolman style).

The SuperMax that I am converting is a large, and heavy machine.
    www.CNC-Joe.com
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!

hlp!

Hey Joe,
    Its been this long and I have almost given up. I'm still having problems making the two communicate. If you have time would you mind calling me here in Florida so I could ask you some questions? You can call me collect if need.Thanks Rob 772-220-8278 after 5 thanks again.

Which two? Geckos, Larkin, or EMC/MESA? What have you done with your mill?

I am in the process of working on an Anilam M series, I purchased the mill and it was not working at all, I am new to servos however I have done design work with steppers, and have a degree in electronics, here was my problem there was an IO board that was burned up, here is a problem this is a passive board, that means it is something that was plugged into the board, I also had no power to servos when reset was pushed. I traced the cable to the first board I think it was the green board, and noticed it was plugged there long story short they had the cable in the wrong place, I moved it to the servo board and she came online. This was after repairing the damaged IO board. However I only have Y axis, back to the print, I noticed a red led on the X axis board was lit, so I started switching connectors around problem moved with connectors, traced it back to power supply, repaired connection and X axis works perfect as well, I am however at the Z axis and stumped, the axis when selected does not move it just oscillates back and forth instead of moving down or up it moves up and down about 1 inch maybe or less until I hit reset, when this happens it locks up the control. HELP what do I do? Is it the drive? It does not start acting up until I press Z axis for move then starts Oscillating Any Ideas? Also this Servo board is different from the others, Why? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. [email protected]

servo problem

I think you might have the phase problem i was having a week ago.
    You have to go into the set up utility, and then to phase a, or phase b.
    There you will see x,y,z. You will be asked to invetr or not. That adjustment should help, it did me. My name is Rob and you can reach me at 772-220-8278 for any further help. Hope it works out.

Rob

Problem with my Anilam

Hello my name is James

I purchased a used mill with Anilam 3000m controlles. The screen comes on clear and it seems to work fine but when I press the servo reset button the X and Y servo oscilate back and forth about a 1/4 turn rappidly. Any help would be much appriciated Thanks. James

help is here sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Gpandm View Post
    Hello my name is James

I purchased a used mill with Anilam 3000m controlles. The screen comes on clear and it seems to work fine but when I press the servo reset button the X and Y servo oscilate back and forth about a 1/4 turn rappidly. Any help would be much appriciated Thanks. James
    well i have a complete unit that is just setting in my garage..
    but i am in the process of a complete retrofit..

do you need the schematics?

allan
    [email protected]