584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Need help with a 2530 trumpf laser

Need help with a 2530 trumpf laser

Does anybody have a document on how to use quick tool for a 2530 trumpf laser. I asked trumpf they said they dont have any. I would like to grid my part out at the machine.

Bud, what is “quick tool” ? I have never heard that term.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

When you are at the main screen press alt + tab this will take you to another screen click on update then click on quick tool this goes to a black screen were you will see keyboard menus 1 select file 2 machine type 5 utilities f1 exit enter 5 this goes to a screen that has more menus graphic program, sheet nester, laser table reports, arc error fix, tabbing, smoother, generic nc s840b, stop watch, ltt db utility, laser song, text & sign generator, disk nester, plus axis p rep, fly cutting, block numbers, bxsoft 1 nc, curves, 2 stage timer, proto, job list & nester, rotolas graphics ,sheet shearing, calculator , wrenches, s840b nc bosch, by soft 2 nc, spirit nc beam shape data. There are menus in side every one of these in side here I can nest lst files and grid them. I have a friend who works for Kawasaki rail car and I seen him grid parts right at the machine from a lst file. I an going to have come over and show me again this weekend. I was told by thumpf that one of the workers made this software it comes with the machine

Quick Tool Grid for Trumpf Lasers

Just in case you guys didn't figure this out, here it is.

Open Quick tool
    Select File
    Set file type ie..lst
    Pick your single part lst file.
    (1) back
    (4)Grid
    Set your sheet size X & Y
    (9) make grid
    name your Grid file
    select starting corner
    Grid Sweep x or y
    sheet cutoff
    with or without block numbers
    nozzle retract
    automation type
    (1) back
    (6) exit

Focus 132 and split your newly created grid file.

Hope this helps..

Hey Laserpro a friend came over from Kawasaki rail car and he show me what my problem was first go fast key 134 select the lst file and press copy. Enter C:\DH\TOPSMANU.DIR\FILENAME.LST ok then alt + tab update quick tool then do what you said but when I save 9 grid 2 make with subs our software is a little different. In the dxf file I was able to cut parts right from a dxf file and mini nest them. Having a problem making a grid it grids full size sheets. Also tried graphic programming it is like my old 240 punch trumpf graphic when I get time I will play with text & sign generator & wrenches.
    Do you know what is laser song? Up at trumpf in training they had the machine playing a song as it was cutting I don’t have a clue how to do this. It is a song to laser cod conversion. Also I did not know you could split .grs .grd files. Thanks for your help but I will stick to my software in my office. Its good the guys at the machine.

Trumpf Laser Song

I'm not sure what Laser song is, I've never messed with it. I can tell you that Trumpf don't include it anymore, I have a 3030 that is 6 months old, and it's not on there, and a 2030 that's a month old, and it's not there either. I have seen it on other machines, but for some reason Trumpf has stopped installing it. Such an application wouldn't be very practical for the shop, but I'm sure in the trade shows it impressed those people who saw it.

"Joe" something is the guy that wrote the quick tool stuff. He is in the applications department at Trumpf in Farmington. I've met him once several years ago, and spoke with him over the phone a couple times. He would be the guy to asked if you had any questions about quick tool.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserPro View Post

"Joe" something is the guy that wrote the quick tool stuff. He is in the applications department at Trumpf in Farmington. I've met him once several years ago, and spoke with him over the phone a couple times. He would be the guy to asked if you had any questions about quick tool.
    Joe Trianie .... he also wrote a nice little program that will shrink huge lst files. The kind you get when making large perf sheets. I have a Trumpf 5040 I bought last year and they sometimes tend to choke a little on files larger than 600 kb.

No microjoints in quicktool when I make a single part with microjoints and run the lst file it cuts with microjoints I make a nested grid in tops it has microjoints.But when I grid the lst in quicktool I have no microjoints also I have no microjoint page.Do you have this problem laserpro.

I rarely use quicktool. I do the programming offline with Tops. If you call the applications department, and asked for Joe, he can help you. He is the guy that wrote the software. Trumpf Applications 860-255-6153

I have Quick Cut, from 1993, Backplot, and DNC (qc.exe, dnc.exe and bp.exe).
    Is Quick Tool from Joe Troiani as well? If so, does it read in DXF's?

Thanks!

Re: Need help with a 2530 trumpf laser

This software is an add in not a stand alone cad cam package. It's best feature is the ability to do quick a ID/OD and grid it...without going through 20 minutes of environment set up in your offline programming dept, then spitting out a program.... ya da ya da ya da, Its other strong feature is the ability to grid at the machine (with or without subs) from a single part program or pulling the single part program out of a nested program in order to make a new grid with different sheet size OR to make a grid because the software that made the single part program has a crummy or none existent gridding program... like mine. I run trumpf 7040 5 axis laser cells I do all my flat cutting on the trumpf 5 axis laser cells ( it kicks the snot outta my mitz flat laser in speed, cut quality, and accuracy) but the trumpf trutopps (3D....not the boost 2d version) has no gridding capability and my Cenit is not much better if at all. So the joe t's program that was intended for 2d cutters I have gotten to work on my 3d lasers( although with quite a bit of a learning curve) from what I remember from programming trumpf 2d's in the early 2000's

Re: Need help with a 2530 trumpf laser

I see a quick dxf import/export... but my software is on a 5 axis trumpf circa 2015

Re: Trumpf Laser Song

They quit making software add ins that compete with the spares dept or new sales dept's ability to sell offline software at the point of sale or to customers that buy used trumpf equipment

Re: Quick Tool Grid for Trumpf Lasers

If you have a network drive you must first change drives or you will be looking in the wrong drive... you need to select from and it posts back to the (C) drive. you can upload a copy of the generated quick tool programs by "split" master file from c directory go to you regular network drive select "output program", highlight program ( FK131) and "generate masterfile" you now have a program in c and your network drive too.