585,589 active members*
3,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > New Mastercam Training CD Available

New Mastercam Training CD Available

Hi guys,

I just finished my latest video training CD.....
    Milling Introduction & Orientation To Mastercam X3
    http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/...tro_to_x3.html

Covers lots of great topics.
    The questions that get asked all the time.

Thanks for your consideration,

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Red face

Mike: Do you have anything for transition from v9 to X2mr2(running on XP)?

Anyways you can quote me if you have an X2mr2 Mill related tutorial CD.

[email protected]

Looks like you have covered a lot of the bases with your Milling Combo Package Mike.

Add in the Lathe and WOW!!!!

My friend loves the 3D Milling CD I bought for him. Personally I watched it a few times and found it to be very informative.

Good Job!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Mastercamguru: How can you be a Mastercam Guru and not be running X (J/K).

We did have a CD specifically for V9 to X transitions. It's here. http://www.tipsforcadcam.com/product/TFM-CDStartX

But I would suggest the new Introduction CD shown above. Much more information (5 hrs vs 2 hrs of video).

The only real difference is that the Older CD tells you how to Update your Tool, Material, Operations libraries and Postprocessor. If you dont need any of that, get the new CD.
    http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/...tro_to_x3.html

Toby: Yes the Mill & Lathe CD "Job Shop" package is a great deal for any job shop that has Mastercam Mill & Lathe. Both have great samples of drawing in Mastercam, Reading DXF/DWG files and Importing Solids. All of the important things a typical shop might encounter.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

My employer hadn't updated their service contract for years. X is still in the box in engineering dept. I finally updated mine. The senior programmer still uses v7.2.(ha ha) I could never go back to 7.

I already figured out the basics, but I can't afford to be slow with X2. I am looking to build speed right now. Then I'll get rid of 9 at work.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out your new cd. When a service pack comes out for X3 I'll be more apt to use it. But for now I'll stick to X2.

------- MASTERCAMGURUv9.1 ------

Quote Originally Posted by mastercamguru View Post
    My employer hadn't updated their service contract for years. X is still in the box in engineering dept. I finally updated mine. The senior programmer still uses v7.2.(ha ha) I could never go back to 7.

I already figured out the basics, but I can't afford to be slow with X2. I am looking to build speed right now. Then I'll get rid of 9 at work.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out your new cd. When a service pack comes out for X3 I'll be more apt to use it. But for now I'll stick to X2.

------- MASTERCAMGURUv9.1 ------
    That service pack should be out soon. Last I was told by the local dealer that is. I would say within the next month after it has been sent through the ringer by all the Guru's, Trainers, and Resellers. Then again, those guys really get into their work so you can figure an extra week or two after they have had their FUN with it.

I can say from what I have seen X3 has a clean fresh new and inspiring look. LOL, enough adjectives in there????

Cheers!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Something I've always heard the head of programming say.

"Better, Faster, More Robust" ~ Pete Rimkus ~

Mike Mattera

Like Toby said we are beating on the new update. just found some thing new and now they put out a new one today for us to beat on again.

Sounds Like Pete, Mike
    Wasn't that on one of the flyers from cnc one year?
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Smile

Still looking for the program that generates the guy next to you, to guide and mentor me. in my area. That knows and like mastercam V9.1 and does not mind helping out. My mentor and best friend died June 6 of 2007 and I want to get back to where I was then. I have a few programs to edit and I am affraid to edit on my own for fear of losing what I have. Ontario Ca

9lrac9
    909-214-4414

I will try and call tommorow.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .