584,826 active members*
5,234 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

single block switching

Hello I have an m39 Ajax control on a Bridgeport Boss mill and want to know if its possible when using single block mode to try a program out and when you then press F5 to let it go fully auto, can you get it back into single block mode. I ask this because sometimes when running through a multiple part program you get to the second part and I want to be able to return to single block mode but it doesn't seem possible, am I missing something in the origonal set up of the control. Thanks Colin

You need to press TOOL CHECK to pause the job; turn on single block mode; then press CYCLE START to resume the job where you left off.

In normal continuous operation, G codes are processed far out in front of execution. This is done in order to find upcoming direction changes and stops, so that decelerations can be precalculated.

Once the moves have been processed and put in the pipeline, it is too late to change your mind about where the stopping points are (e.g. to decide you want deceleration to a full stop at the end of every line of G code).

When you suspend the job with TOOL CHECK, then choose Resume, all the G codes are reprocessed. This gives you a chance to change the rules (e.g. ask for single block mode).