585,974 active members*
4,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > NSK Servo voltage and control requiremnts

NSK Servo voltage and control requiremnts

Hi,

I picked up 2 ballscrews off eBay with 2 undescribed motors attached. I planed on just using the ballscrews and discarding the motors and attaching them to some steppers I have.

After looking at them I'm considering using the servo's that are already attached. It looks to me the motors are NSK either 1006's or 1012's, probably the 1006.

http://www.us.nsk.com/library/catalo...S%20MOTORS.PDF

A quick search of the NSK site didn't show what voltages, current requirements and pinouts. I can figure out the encoders but don't have a clue about the servos.

My questions are:
    1. Can I buy a couple of gecko drivers and hook them up with Mach3 or do they need proprietary drivers/controllers?
    2. What is the power supply requirements for these. Note: the 1006's are230VA and the 1012's are 380VA?

3. Should I just discard them and use the steppers I had planned on using anyway.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob
    GO-Tech: Geek Show&Tell Meets Ann Arbor 2nd Tues at www.maker-works.com
    South East MI cnc meets 1st Wed at www.maker-works.com

Hi slowbob

I don't think you will have the motors that are in the PDF as they are the Megatorque Motor and it is not normal for these to be on ballscrews they only have 500/600 rpm so would be to slow for moving a table around post a photo & we will get a better idea of what you have if they are the Megatorque motor they are 200v ac they are driven with a NSK servo drive which is controled by +/- 10v not step/dir
    Mactec54