585,938 active members*
3,201 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Colchester Tornado lathes > colchester 100 with fanuc control

colchester 100 with fanuc control

I an trying to sort out a colchester tornado 100 lathe with fanuc control.I am able to enter a programme in to the machine and to run it. When the machine is switched of with the programme protect on the machine corrupts the programme when switched on again. It comes up on the screen with a lot of "O". I have changed the batteries for the memory to no avail. The odd thing is that there is a programme in the machine which remains in memory and i am able to run everytime. This seem like a problem with the fanuc control. Anyone have any advice to resolve this?
    The machine has a RS232 port and i would like to try communicating with the machine from a PC. Does anyone have a software programme which will enable me to do this? I could the write the G codes on the PC and save them there for future use.

Hi newcol,
    u try to machine Switch off with out pressing Emergensy Switch.
    and comunicate it with the edgeCAM.
    when u instal it, it have a *.exe to check the settings of machine comunication.
    "netscope.exe"

Hi
    I ussed to work with a takisawa lathe that had a fanuc controle. some times did run in to some simulare kind of problem. not storing a programm is often caused when there is not enough memory.
    so i check the control for the amount of free memory. try to keep as less programms in the control as possible. but use a pc or laptop for storing the programms and send them to the control if you need them.

when you want to switch the machine off you need to press the emergency switch first.

bye the way know i own a colchester triumph with a allen bradly osai control. that doesn't store programms propperly when the memory is full.

fanuc control

Thanks for response. the machine only has the one programme in memory so it seems unlikely to be a capacity problem. What software is needed to connect a PC to store and download programmes?

waht model Fanuc???

Type of BTR will greatly depend on model type.

same goes for prior problem troubleshoot. Resluts and solutions differ according to model.

More info needed.

Quote Originally Posted by newcol View Post
    Thanks for response. the machine only has the one programme in memory so it seems unlikely to be a capacity problem. What software is needed to connect a PC to store and download programmes?
    Almost any configurable Modem program will work from Qmodem, Windows Terminal etc, you need to know however, the protocol the Fanuc is set to.
    Here is an example of the 0, most Fanucs use the same cable configuration, I always use the 3 wire version.
    Any word processor that does not embed codes can be used as an editor, WordPad in txt mode for e.g.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

i still got some old dos version of bobcad wich works fine for most of the machine and i'm sure it works with fanuc osai and heidenhain controles.
    just send me a msg and i can send the programm to you

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen aalders View Post
    i still got some old dos version of bobcad wich works fine for most of the machine and i'm sure it works with fanuc osai and heidenhain controles.
    just send me a msg and i can send the programm to you

[email protected] Thanks