585,931 active members*
5,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Maho MH600E Milling machine questions???

Deckel Maho MH600E Milling machine questions???

Just looking for some information about this machine. I have an option to purchace one of these for $1500.00 it was taken in on trade to a local machine rebuilder and it was said to be running when it was taken in. Its perfect for the size I need (600mmx400mmx400mm) and it is both a horz and vert mill a quick search has shown these pics I figure the machine is if nothing else a good starting place for my project some linkis to pictures:

http://www.buyused.com/q/showdlist/9...bsearch,GGGWZK

http://www2.eamtm.net/pics/Annonces/1-134-87.jpg

http://uen.hsix.com/machpict/002015/5198.jpg

any info or thoughts would be welcome The machine has all the service books also...
    Thanks in advance
    Mark

Re: Maho MH600E

I have seen one of these that had a control that was not able to do contouring. (i.e. linear interpolation only will not cut arcs) I'm sure there were different controls with different capabilities available on these units when they were manufactured. Just make sure it will fit your intended purpose. If it is in working condition, you should be able to recoup your investment without much of a problem. A manual bridgeport type mill will run you at least $1K.

Also, don't forget to check the taper of the spindle. R-8 tooling is cheap (realtive term) compared to 30 or 40 taper tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by jmullett
    I have seen one of these that had a control that was not able to do contouring. (i.e. linear interpolation only will not cut arcs) I'm sure there were different controls with different capabilities available on these units when they were manufactured. Just make sure it will fit your intended purpose. If it is in working condition, you should be able to recoup your investment without much of a problem. A manual bridgeport type mill will run you at least $1K.

Also, don't forget to check the taper of the spindle. R-8 tooling is cheap (realtive term) compared to 30 or 40 taper tooling.
    this one is like that only able to do 2 axis moves at a time while holding the 3rd it does arcs just not 3D just 2D ..my thoughts are it was built before cheap high powered CPU's and it can't handle the math required for true 3 axis moves .... I had to work a little overtime this week so was not able to go get it yet but plan to next week ... in looking at the prints I see no mech reason why it's not able to do 3 axis moves and it might be a nice mill to convert to a later pc based control .... it does use 40 taper tooling but comes with a few so it should be ok for now... I already have a brigeport clone ...a pretty nice low hr DRO but really would like to end up with either a CNC bridgeport type....does anyone know if the pc based DIY type controle can use scale inputs or just encoder? and what about things like gear change and coolant on/off?

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by marx911
    ...does anyone know if the pc based DIY type controle can use scale inputs or just encoder? and what about things like gear change and coolant on/off?
    Mark
    Mark, There are PC based controls that will do all the sophisticated things like tool changers, spindle control, gear change etc etc, most linear scales have the same output as a rotary encoder so the control does not know the difference.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

maho 600e

Hello Mark,
    did you end up buying this Maho 600 E for 1500$?
    originally you attached some pictures, were those the actual pictures of the machine? i am asking because i came across the exact machine as shown in the last picture, its for sale in Canada.