584,849 active members*
4,429 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Fancu 10M IPL Mode problem...

Hi all,
    Today should be Monday cause nothing is going right...

Our 10M based milling machine developed an OT0001 error first thing today during the homing sequence. EMG and HND RESET are also displayed on the screen. Nothing we tried would allow us to move the X-axis away from the soft limit...

After searching the internet and reading the manual we followed a procedure to enter IPL mode and turn off the check soft limit at startup feature. When we try to exit IPL mode we now get an error message, something about a "label error" and we are stuck there, can't get out...

We've since manually turned the ball screw to bring the x-axis back to around mid-travel but are stymied with the IPL mode error... Please help !!!!

Thanks,
    Mike

What are you pressing to exit the IPL mode? When at the main menu you should have to press 6 INPUT to exit the IPL mode. You might have to clear your memory in order to fix this problem. I have run across this once before but years back. I believe that it was because when memory was loading it ran into a problem.

Make sure that you back everything up if you can. Get your PMC parameters NC parameters, programs ect. I have attached some procedures for the control. I had a 10T control but they should be the same procedure.

Does your ladder run off a yellow cassett?

The next time that you have a problem with soft overtravel. You should be able to go change your parameters for the overtravel to outside were you are at. They might be adjusted to close to your home position.

Make sure you read your manual. It is hard to follow sometimes but there is a lot of procedures in the 10 series manuals. You might get lucky and find a procedure to fix this problem.

Stevo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unhappy

Steve, thanks for your reply...

Yes we have been entering "6" and pressing the input key to attempt to leave IPL mode, that's when we get the error message and remain stuck in the IPL mode.

My fear now is that we inadvertently deleted/cleared the parameter memory by entering IPL mode using keys "7" & "9" and powering up. Maybe you can confirm this or offer a procedure to look through the parameters to see if they are all reset to zero or some factory default.

If in fact we've cleared the memory then I think we screwed ourselves as we have no parameter documentation. This mill is new to us and we are completely new to CNC, it may turn out to be a hard learned lesson.

Mike

Have you tried "99" to exit IPL mode????? It is possible that you have losted the RAM content by now...

What brand and model of machine is it???

GP.

Pressing 99 on the initial IPL screen will bring you to the area were you can enter your option parameters in hexidecimial format. First asking how many axis the machine is.

Madkins,
    Yes you have learned a lesson(flame2). Pressing 7&9 will clear your memory. It probably prompted you to clear data. To get to the IPL mode without clearing memory you have to power up with "-"minus and "."decimal buttons depressed. That sucks but we have all been their. Any time I get a new or used machine the first power up is always backing everything up. The machine control is probably not coming up because there are no option parameters entered.

If the MTB is still around or if you can contact the person you bought it from they might have a backup for your machine. If not you will have to find someone with the same model and control to get the parameters from. You can try checking the power cabniet of the machine. The MTB usually puts hard copies of the mahcine option parametes.

Stevo

The machine is an old Hartford VMC-760 (vertical machining center).

Going into IPL mode with "7" & "9" never brought up any prompts whatsoever, just the basic IPL mode menu with the 1 through 6.

A bad day for learning CNC controls indeed. Thanks for the comments...

Mike

Madkind:

I do not have a back up for your Hartford, sorry. Maybe someone else in the forum can help.

GP.

[QUOTE=GPena;529049]
    Sir. Would you please have parameters of femco CNC lathe wncl-35 10T. If you have please share.
    Regards

Re: Fancu 10M IPL Mode problem...

Sorry, no backup for that machine.