This is probably a question for Neil. I have been offered a Fadal VMC 3016 reman in 2006. The serial number sequence indicates a March 2006 date (03200603xxxxx) they seem to have an extra digit on the machine number. It has the Multi Processor Control and square servos (AC). They couldn’t see the numbers on the CPU board in slot 5 to tell me if it's a #1400-(5c).

My question is: Is a reman totally gone thru? How do you know the year it was originally? Here is a pic of the machine on 12/2006, what concerns me is the paint gone around the spindle and on top of the tool changer. I've looked at other machines in the 90's and don't see that kind of wear. And the pic is 9 month's after reman date. Would Fadal have redone that on a reman or am I looking at wear before the reman? Also shown is a pic of a second reman, same shop, same model, and same date.....no wear.

Any help is appreciated as the machine in question is a couple of bills and dependant on pics sent to us showing present condition it’s a done deal. How do I determine price of reman versus used? what would this be worth in todays market?

Worn paint on 2006 reman. Pic taken Dec 2006. Maybe got bumped??

Remaned 2006 but no worn paint