585,933 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 - The Adventure Begins
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tobo123 View Post
    Hi to all,
    I think it is just we are not used to these type of sales tactics in U.K. we tend to take whats said without question. Anyway I've put V22 back on my puter now that I've stopped steaming. I did have responce back from bobcad, a nice lady rang and said if I signed up to 12 months support she would increase it to 15 months for 150 dollars and sort everything out. I told her I like bobcad and it seemed good value, that is, if I had been sent what had been promised. I explained as I have not needed to use free support yet (I have only used it for basic stuff so have not seen a lot of the reported problems ), I was not sure if I needed this at this present time, anyway, she must of passed it on because I had another call from customer services. I was told to leave it with her and she will sort it. So it sounds quite hopeful that things will be sorted out, maybe they might send V23 to make things right. Anyway I wondered if anyone here has actually had it sorted out or am being a bit naive, I will let everone know if I have success.
    Unless things have changed ( Quite probably have!!! ) but as far as I am aware as a long time customer of BobCAD (Had V18/19, V20, V21 and V22) that International customers get FREE support, I have never had to pay at all for any of the support I have had for any Version!!
    Worth mentioning next time you talk to them???? This apply??? (wedge)

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Unless things have changed ( Quite probably have!!! ) but as far as I am aware as a long time customer of BobCAD (Had V18/19, V20, V21 and V22) that International customers get FREE support, I have never had to pay at all for any of the support I have had for any Version!!
    Worth mentioning next time you talk to them???? This apply??? (wedge)

Your quite correct, I have 45 days free, from date of registation after that theres apparently a small fee for a further 12/15 months if you want to extend it. I'm sure they would answer the odd question anyway. Regarding my previous post things are looking quite hopeful, Ive had pleasant communications with 3 different people now. Seems as long as they are non sales they are quite understanding and are dealing with my issues. All I can say is watch this space.

Regards to all.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by highspeedmazak View Post
    Hey after v22 I am surprised anyone bought anything from bobcad they have become one of the lowest standard outfits out there I expected them to go under. Really guys if you have had v22 and now you are buying v23 you truely have not learned a lesson I have v22 pro? of brokecad and dont even use it much once in a while I say to myself maybe it will work this time and after an hour of getting frustrated because it has crapy features and can not even get the job done without cutting ares I dont want to cut because there is a fixture right there or heck I just want to machine this section ONLY oh what the heck just turn it back off and save some time and money yeah alot of you know exactly what I mean huh. Its called BROKECAD guys v23 heck they can come out with v----- good luck I know that I wont be dealing with it but I sure will be one here letting people know my expierence with their crap.
    Ive done it again, bad explanation by me, sorry about that guys, its not V23 I,m waiting for its version 22.
    There was a small misunderstanting with sales about the level I was sent but thats in the process of being sorted out as we speak. when I started out I used to draw in a really cheap and chearful cad package then import it into a usb controller/program called usbcnc which has a built in cam. Half a dozen clicks of the mouse, hey presto up comes toolpaths and you run simulation with one last click then cut your part. A really nice feature is upgrades for life. It only cost about 150 in dollars money, including the controller board. I did find a bug a while back, but Bert the chap who writes the software sent me a new version in less than an hour of receiving my email. Anyway I thought I'd treat myself to an all singing all dancing cad/cam and the V22 demo did seem to have all the bells and whistles. I was on a very strict budget and bobcad seemed to offer the best features per pound. I tend to go through life with the policy that everone deserves a second chance. So at the moment being a real novice, first time i've invested my hard earned cash in a top of the range software I can't comment on some of the negative comments I've had. I have a picture of a donkey with big furry ears, if my faith in bobcad is proved wrong I'll put it on my Avatar for a few weeks, at the very least it will give you all a good laugh..... maybe it should be a lamb.

how much...

just wondering other than frustration what has this new adventure with bobcad cost?

Quote Originally Posted by 70cyclone View Post
    just wondering other than frustration what has this new adventure with bobcad cost?
    The cost in Aspirin, Paracetemol and various other painkillers plus the fine for getting caught with the #1 "brain easer" ( Coool man!!! ) runs to a LOT, probably have been cheaper to have bought shares in Glaxo or one of the "mega bucks" sofwares!!:drowning::drowning:

Wink

:wee:
    A BIG thanks to everyone in this thread no matter if your for or against, I've not chuckled this much for ages. You lot stopped me putting V22 in a bottom draw. No donkeys head now I'm afraid. Had email today, well 2 actually, followed by some upgrade instuctions now I've a dongle so packed with goodies don't know if I'm going to be able to lift it, never mind how to use it all. If you get through to the right people and they were sympathic and did do ok by me. Doubt I would of managed it without being a member here.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    tony.

I have recieved 2 sales calls from Bobcad in the last week. When I explain to them that I have V22 they dont even try to sell me V23. They both very politely ended the conversation. I am shocked and confused. I was all ready to unload on somebody and they were gone....

Hi all I have v22 and getting v23 PRO I like the interface for me a beginner its like looking at a paint program on steroids I have been looking into turbo cad and free 2d solidworks and solid edge both free and then import and then run program I have been playing with bobcad v23 demo while I wait I am running windows 7 pro 64 bit and seems to work great so far far better then v22 on Vista between the two of those software togeather enough to drive you nuts any way like I said I like the interface and the ease of it they are not the only software around and like I said for free I don't know why more people dont look into using solid edge and solid works 2 d for free I just dont like the dongle I think bobcad realy needs to rethink there dongle policy and worryy about more people using there software I must have seen 25 different open source programs but there are only a couple that are active I would think with all the people in the world there would be a lot of active opensource projects but none worth it Q-cad reminds me of days of DOS
    and only 2d I would go with solid works or solid edge before looking at that also I want to learn more solidworks commands and setup maybe I will save some mony and buy something that works well I will ley everyone know how v23 is when I get it and start making chips with it like I said there are a lot of opetions out there I just wish some of these open source pojects would consonsolidate there resources and and make a new powerfull cad/cam system I tried auto cad but don't like the interface on it like translucent or something well by for now talked to much as it is

Page 2 of 2 12