585,749 active members*
3,875 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Meldas-300 series / MNAP L III initialize procedure

Meldas-300 series / MNAP L III initialize procedure

Any one here know how to make initialize MNAP-L III for Meldas-300 series ( Lathe)?
    Before make ram clear, i need to write down old data first, but I don't know how can I access.
    Please advise,

Look on your CNC control inside your cabinet. It will be a dark colored box with green and probabky red LED's on it. At the top there should be a label with a model number. Should read M325LG or M325LGV? Please reply to this question. I maybe be able to help.

Chippy

Is your control locked up right now. What are the LED conditions on the CNC in the back? If it's locked up, then you have already lost your parameters. Usually though, most are kept on a E2Prom. However, this control is a little tricky to get back up because of the MNAPIII and the way MHI Zero the machine. This particular control was the oldest model though before they moved to the M325.

Chippy

Meldas 335LG

The problem is I can not access in MNAP ( Showing Mnap L III but can not go inside ), no red led on PCB.

On this control I believe there is a disk on the left hand side on the CNC in the cabinet. When you power this machine up and then the CNC, do you see this disk loading. There usually is a red or green LED that turns on, on the disk drive. It should stay on for about a minute I woulod say while it loads the S/W.

Chippy

Meldas 335LG

When I power up and press MNAP screen, there is only FLD LOADING, after 30 second MNAP L III is show on CRT.

Can you tell me if this is a MTC8A or B? Did you say you have no alarms on the diagnostic page also? I don't want you to initialize if possible. You can do more damage then good by doing this if you don't have the parameters for this machine. Hopefully most are stored on the E2Prom.

It maybe that you just have a bad floppy disk or floppy itself.

Chippy

Meldas 335LG

How do I know MTC8A or B? We have no parameter for MNAP L III and ATOM paramerter.
    Any method for checking?

Look at the tag on the machine where the serial number is. It should tell you there. You may have to walk around the machine to find it.

Chippy

M-NAP DISK?

I have a mitusbishi M-V70D with a Meldas control, The control is a 335(not sure on the letters, will have to look it up) but the M-NAP function has never worked as the previous owners did not use it and for some reason removed the diak then lost it. How can i get a copy of this?

You will need to contact Mitsubishi to obtain that disk. It cannot be copied on a PC. There is a special procedure to make a copy and only Mitsubishi can perform that task. The OS is different then windows, linux, etc.

Regards,

Chippy

I have now got the correct disk from Mitsubishi and a shocking cost of £1200 but not much further on.
    I put the disk in the drive and the red led blinks for about 1 second and that's it. I press the m-nap button on the control and all i get is "no auto pro"
    Is there any parameters I need to change or a start up procedure?