585,727 active members*
4,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > PCMCIA card for Fanuc18iMB5 - Fadal

Question PCMCIA card for Fanuc18iMB5 - Fadal

We just finished installation of a 2006 VMC4020 with a Fanuc 18iMB5 control. It is equipped with the card reader on the side of the display, and I would like to know if anyone has recently purchased a card for this. It seems that with the widespread use of USB, the PCMCIA style adapters are harder to find.

I'd like to have one that can adapt an SD or similar flash memory card to the PCMCIA configuration o the machine. I need to be able to load the flash memory from our desktop computer via USB, so the SD or similar flash memory would be suitable fo that

I realize this has been covered in other threads, but would like to see if anyone has recently found components for this...

Curtis--
    I use a San Disk Compact Flash Card and adapter. Mine is a 512 meg but you can use a 1 gig card OK. Stay away from the multi-card style as it will fry the port and also do not use a 2 gig or larger as the Fanuc has trouble reading them. There are other manufacturers of the cards but some of them will not work.

Neal

Neal,

Any suggestions on where to buy these? I have found some adapters online that use various flash cards. I've noticed that some are 16-bit, some are 32. Any difference for this purpose? Also, what about voltage? Some of the other threads on this were debating whether the 5v or 3.3v was correct. Any ideas?

I bought mine at Office depot last week

We just got ours from ebay, I think it was $9 or so.... sandisk adapter with a sandisk card. The tech told us that people normally get the best luck from using sandisk so we went with that.
    "you don't even need cnc if your handy with a torch"

I purchased mine from Best Buy.

Neal