586,011 active members*
4,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 21iMB Macro To Save Coordinates On Card

Cool Fanuc 21iMB Macro To Save Coordinates On Card

Hi..
    I take coordinates of the part on cnc. So we write them on paper, then on pc.. So is there a way to write the coordinates on memory card by pressing a button like X,Y,Z style ? So I can put the card and open the coordinates on my software ? Is there a macro which can save the coordinates on MMC?

Are you using a probe to "take coordinates"? If so, you can DPRNT the XYZ positions out the RS232 port to a PC. I don't know if it's possible to do that to an m-card.

Yes, i'm using probe to take them. I don't want to connect to PC, is there any macro which can save to MMC?

According to the manual I/O Device for DPRNT can be 0, 1, or 2. This means you cannot DPRNT to M-Card (I/O Device = 4). Sorry.

Can I DPRINT on ethernet ? Can you give me an example how to use DPRINT? I have no idea about using Macros on CNC.. ?
    Thanks for your interest...

Ethernet is I/O device 9. You can't DPRNT to it. If you decide to hook up to a PC via RS-232, you can use the following commands (assume X and Y are at centerline of a hole.

You need to open the port with a POPEN command. This can be at the beginning of the progam.

Then output the data with the DPRNT command. In the following example assume X is at -14.5 and Y is at 7.3.

POPEN(OPEN THE PORT)
    DPRNT[X#5041[24] Y#5042[24]]
    PCLOS(CLOSE THE PORT)

Should send the following to the PC:

X-145000 Y73000

Dave

Talking

Thanks Dave
    It writes the Coodinates on MMC :rainfro:
    It makes a fıle PRNT0000.DAT for each coordinate. But there are some errors. Can you tell me SYNTAX of DPRNT ? What means 5041 and 24... There are also MMC CaRD error, CNC don't recognize MMC card after DPRINT. I don't use the commands POPEN PCLOS...

#5041 is the variable for X axis absolute position. 24 is the decimal format (2.4) for the output.

Thanks Dave. I will try tomorrow..
    I only write DPRNT[X#5041[24] Y#5042[24]]. I think I should write also POPEN and PCLOS because, without this commands there is an error if you take out MMC card.

Can I do it in a looped Program? If i pressed "N" button It saves the coodinate?
    I'm sorry for lots of question.

If you are just looking to save a copy of these parameters for future reference and don't need to read them back into the control, you can punch a bitmap file of the coordinate screen to the memory card. All you have to do is make sure your I/O channel is set to 4, go to you work offset screen and hold the shift hardkey for 5 seconds. Your control will freeze for 15 seconds while it creates a bitmap image of the screen on the memory card. I believe the control only allows 3 images on the card so you'll have to remove them from the card if you wish to do more.

No. I need only take point data after casting of the mold.. To write coordinates on paper, after that on PC, it's complicated thing.It will be simple if coordinates have been saved on MMC