Hello All
Yes I AM a new owner of a SL-15 #39
Although I am a newer user of Mori Seiki I have used them at work for 8 years but did not do many repairs.
Last Year 1 of the employees erased the parameters out of the memory and it got pushed into the corner at work and left for dead.
Well 1 year and 10 grand later it is in my Garage 1000. for machine 9000.00 for elec to run it and the others on real 3 phase.

So far I have purchased a battery for the control mem. at digikey for 15.00 included shipping ,the guy at Yaskawa is helpful but 115.00 for the bat, come on. Have to solder the lead but I do have tools

The 1st time it had power its alive , but was locking up in the position page reboot would clear,
Sweep the id tool holder , an homed the machine, run the test program and all seemed well, Shut down control at next reboot I homed just enough to clear the limits , went to run and the program went positive in x
It seems as if it loses it position mem as it gives me a new abs, position every time it boots up.

So now after resetting parameters to the factory sheet with the machine
I have now lost the spindle, Power is to circuit braker an it has 0ohms
through it , no lights on control display reset braker all fuse have volts through but F1 , Will start at input from control and go from there.

Yaskawa has all manuals I needed for download from them,
Neither Mori Or Yaskawa can give me any info on param 6030-6049

Also need to replace the spindle motor cooling fan it is open and froze up
Yaskawa wants 590. , looks like some more Hunting the net , But when I find it I will let you know.

It sure is good to have a place for open info on older Mori's, will add as I find new info,

Thanks