584,849 active members*
4,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Prolight mill goes 2x farther on Y axis- why??

Prolight mill goes 2x farther on Y axis- why??

I just bought a Prolight 2000 CNC mill, and am setting it up.

It works very well, with nice smooth movement, but the Y axis moves twice as far, and twice as fast, as I tell it to. I issued a G51 scaling code, but this did not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

I dont know how to fix your problem, but if you have the paper work that comes with the mill it explains a lot about the mill and how to set it up.

I found some documentation on you rmill and it looks like this mill could have came with many differnt options and type setups with the hardwear and maybe even the softwear. I suggest you look at this PDF file and read it from front to rear and you will find the awnser somewhere in this PDF doc.

You may have to uninstall the softwear and reset it up from scratch. But that would probably be a last result. It should have ways to go into the program and make the nessessary settings to get it worked out, if not this PDF document even gives parts numbers of each part and explains how to set the softwear up when installing it to work with your exact, model,series,type, hardwear,softwear that it may have came with.

Its probably a simple little thing that needs corrected to fix your machine, but finding out what that simple little thing is might take a while to figure out unless someone is very familure with the softwear & machine you have.

Anyway here is the PDF I found if you dont have it.

http://www.mhzelectronics.com/ebay/d...LIGHT_2000.pdf

I would go download it if you dont have it incase it gets gone later on or something.

Hope this helps
    Jess

I was able to decipher a configuration file in the root directory. I made a few modifications to it, and the mill now runs perfectly.
    I am used to a stepper machine. This servo based version is VERY fast!

prolight 2000

Hi my name is Rosalio Moreno im from Grand Junction Colorado, i bought a proligth 2000 but i dont have comunication between the computer and the machine.

im running the program with a windows 98 computer, the program seems running fine, but i does not recognize the mill, i dont know if i have to set the baud rate, or is a computer problem.I have installed a ethernet card on it because the cable what i have is a cat 5 with and adapter to plug it in on the mill,

i will apreciate any help, im very new on this and i have no idea how to solve this problem.

My Prolight 2000 communicates with the PC via a serial port. This uses a 9 pin connector on the back of the PC, connecting via a standard serial port cable. This attaches to a 9-pin to 25-pin adapter that is plugged into the 25-pin serial connector on the back of the mill.

I used the default baud rate on the PC and the mill. I am running Windows XP on the computer, but I have to run the PLM2000 control routine inside a DOS shell (DOSBOX)in order for the serial port timing to work correctly.

I don't understand how you could attach the mill to your PC via an Ethernet card, unless your Prolight uses Ethernet.

Can you elaborate on this?

Smile thank you!

thank you very much i going to try that, but i have one more question where i can buy the rs232 cable and the adapters?

thanks again!

I got my adapter and cable from cablesforless.com.

You can buy a cable from them with a DB-25 male on one end and a DB9 female on the other. That way you don't need an adapter.

A suitable cable can be found on this page:

http://www.cablesforless.com/c-498-d...db25-male.aspx

I already had a cable, so I just bought an adapter.

thanks again

thank you very much for your help! i just ordered the cable and im going to try it out.

if i can do anything for you let me know i will be glad to help you,
    my email adress is [email protected]

thanks again.