584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > DeskCNC Controller Board > DESKCNC resetting mill table after limit switch is tripped

DESKCNC resetting mill table after limit switch is tripped

New to this, just finished adapting a Deskcnc to an older Wells-Index vertical 3 axis CNC mill.. I'm Trying to figure out how to reset the table into working position thru the controller after an limit switch has been tripped. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Smile That helps???

Hi man!

By the time you are reading this i think that you ve allready made your research about your issue!I just recently fooling around the imserv forum for the DeskCNC controller and reading comments,issues,problems about the controller.
    I found a topic from someone with the name of Carl (i think is Carl Kendrat) the owner, that says:
    "ESTOP will shut the controller down except to allow 1 single step to get through. This is used to 'back off' from a Lim Switch."
    So by this phrase i think that if your machine hits a limit switch it will be able to jog it down(or something like that) to move out from the switch and then reposition it to working position!I might be wrong because i havent try this yet(my CNC Mill is under construction,you know, parts all over the work area! ).
    I believe you should go with some trial and error(remember "safety first") and resolve the issue.And if you can resolve a problem by your own,you can gain invaluable experience!!!

I hope that helps!!!

"Many questions One Aim"

Panos Labrakis
    Greece

You can install a momentary push button switch to bypass the limits so that you can jog off a switch after hitting it. It is a good idea to have the limits designed so that the machine can travel a small distance past them with a ramp actuator rather than crash into them by a joging error.

Hello
    I'm looking for material of deskcnc