584,802 active members*
5,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DeskCNC Software Probs

Hi All,

Is anyone out there using DeskCNC 2.0.1.90 ,we have just insalled it and are unable to run a previously used program properly that has G18 (ZX) commands in it.We have been running the same program in the old ver2.0.1.58, which had G18/G19 commands added in.I have checked all i can on the various setup tabs and can see no areas of disimilarity between the two versions.
    Does the new ver allow the use of these commands? If so any ideas on whats wrong!

Regards

Rob

I'm having a similar issue. I run a 4 axis foam cutter and am having problem with random craziness. The G-code is fine and dandy but soon after I run it, errors occur. The most often being a axis 'freezing' or two axis 'flipping'. I have no idea what causes this, but if our problems are similar, I beat it be simply (ha-ha) recreating the files over again. It's a pain, but it's better than running through stock and making poor cuts.

This seems like an older post, any updates to your situation?

Crazy errors..!!

Hi, The latest update on our problems with wierd axis movement,has developed to us being advised to download the latest version of deskCNC,which we have done and are now trialing.So far we have had good results so fingers crossed.Perhaps it might be worth while you doing the same and see how you get on.

Hello
    And I wanted help on a machine cutting operation deskcnc Klkr
    Operation and software settings to change Size xyz
    Help all the information I just do not know the software
    Thanks

I am running DeskCam V 2.0.2.44 Firm Ware V 2.32 Rev2 board Updated 6/19/2009 and I still get speratic movements that are not in the G code. The Screen shows the trace of the movement error but by then it is to late. I have provided computer Module power conditioning but I still have the problem. Does anyone know a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by j_wizard View Post
    I am running DeskCam V 2.0.2.44 Firm Ware V 2.32 Rev2 board Updated 6/19/2009 and I still get speratic movements that are not in the G code. The Screen shows the trace of the movement error but by then it is to late. I have provided computer Module power conditioning but I still have the problem. Does anyone know a solution?
    I guess you mean DeskCNC. I was troubleshooting for weeks and made plenty of deffective parts for the same issue. I even cleaned up WinXP and reduced it to the minimum functionnalities required for DeskCNC based on the Mach 3 notes. No Improvement. Finally, the solution was something which I would not believe when Imservice told me much earlier.

It's the E-Stop terminal who caughd:
    1. mechanical pulses from the mechanical E-stop button who was shaking when the router worked. Disconnecting it improved the situation but not solved it completely.
    2. For the limit switches I am using optical light barriers from Omron, so there was no mechanical issue (I did check their wiring though to see if there was an issue there. Wiring was fine. Guess what ?
    it was small dust particles which passed through the light barriers which triggered the system.

Solution:
    Go into DeskCNC setup and select "disable e Stop terminal".

you will see. no more problem.
    I haven't solved the dust issue yet so I am not using the limit switches anymore.

Question Erratic axis movements

Yes I am using “DeskCNC” sorry for the slip up. That comes from old age.

Thank You for the prompt reply I will try that and see if the problem goes away.

I have also spent about 2 weeks cleaning up the computer, power supply, wiring and anything that may cause erratic operation.

If the movement came from noise on or around the controller card why would the screen show the trace of where the router traveled?

Can you explain why or how the E-Stop terminal noise would affect the 3 axis’s?

I would think the noise on the e-stop line would stop the machine.

For me, it also showed the error path on the screen. That's why I could not believe that it comes from the e-stop terminal.
    I am not able to explain you the reason as I have not written the DeskCNC program.
    Try it !
    you just have to click on disable E-stop. If it works you can search for the culprit.

I have checked the box to disabled E-Stop terminal, and have not had an problem YET...

I understand from reliable sources that the screen router path at run time is displaying what commands that the controller card is sending to the stepper drivers. This is Important to know for looking for where problems are coming from.
    If the router is flowing the same path as the screen is displaying then the problem is before or in the controller. If the router is going a different path then the screen is displaying then the problem may be Stepper Motor Stalling, Drivers, Etc.

Hi
    I have Deskcnc 2.0.2.17 I need help changing the parameters of a file
    Stl to nc height depth thickness tool spindle speed change all the parameters needed to get to work nc thanks

hello

i am a deskcnc user, few days ago i have experienced an issue, when countoring texts, the steppers lose steps very significative, i have noted that when they are countoring curves on each font they sounds very abrupt, not smooth like they do with other toolpaths created by autocad, so that abrupt motion make them lose position from one font to other, when the machine go back home its position is about 1/4 of an inch off on each axis. I have tested the speed ramp, acceleration and pulses per sec., the machine runs ok with other dxf drawings, even at higher speeds it does a good and smooth motions. the next problem was when i downloaded the newest version of deskcnc and upgrade it, now it seems little different, the point wich represent the router's paths in the screen blinks always, even when the machine is at home, also other numbers that are on the corners of the screen blinks the same way, the software seems little slowly and unstable when zooming in the drawing, then the problem to countoring fonts is the same. have anybody experience about this?, i need the solution soon, lot of work do be done, all suggest are welcome. thanks.

I must report, I have been using DeskCNC for years now, never had any problems. Running latest software version v2.0.2.65, with card firmware version v2.36

XP OS, quality components, EMI filters to shield noise coming back from Spindle Controller, EMI filter on Stepper Driver PSU's, EMI filter on SMPS's for DeskCNC 2nd Generation Card, and seperate SMPS and EMI filter for Spindle Speed Controller Interface Card.

Now that I have bragged how well my DeskCNC works, here is a question, anyone know what the G-code command is to switch on the Aux1, Aux2 and Aux3 fuctions? I have always had enough outputs by using Mist, Flood, CW and CCW commands, now I need more.

Thanks for any replies.

Francois

Took me awhile to find it.

Near the end under the Mcodes. Page 15 and 16

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/DeskCNC%20G-code.pdf

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I suppose done in good faith, but really, I have read the manual. The manual is seemingly wrong ..........

Commands M90 to M95 do not work, or at least, if I run a simulation, or enter the command via the MDI box, neither of the 3 Aux buttons grey out. Manual selection of the buttons do grey them out. I'll open up my control box today, and stick a multimeter on the DeskCNC card connector, to check if the output toggles. Maybe the MMI interface is incorrect. Maybe the Aux functions are not software selectable anymore, only manually.

Thanks anyway, it was good to get some reply.

Any idea how to contact Fred? He should know best.

You should be able to contact him via his website. im service.

Let me know if you get it figured out as I could go out and try mine if need be. I was not going to be running it for a couple of days but I can check if need be.

On my laptop without the controller I am getting the same thing as you are. Strange.

You could always contact the deskcnc guys direct.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.