585,568 active members*
3,665 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Need help with Mazak Slant Turn 15 Univ. / Mazatrol T1'
Page 1 of 2 12

Need help with Mazak Slant Turn 15 Univ. / Mazatrol T1'

We have problems with our "oldie", a Mazak Slent Turn 15 Universal 1000 with Mazatrol T1'. Maybe somebody here can help?

When turning it on the relay QF is turned on which results in the quilt sleeve moving forward which in turn results in an emergency stop (f28 alarm code). This happens every time. The error has first ocured after we have had the PCBs repaired by Mitsubishi Electric. The problem did not occur before that repair (but other problems did which noiw appear to be fixed).

Mazak and Mitsubishi are not of great help in finding the cause.

We suspect that the parameters might be messed up (battery). But entering the factory defaults has not changed anything. is it possible that we are missing some "secret" manufacturer parameters (namely the OP ones?) that are not in the documentation we have?

We have the following:
    ----------------------

- Mazatrol T1/T1' operating manual
    - MAZATROL T1, T1' INTERFACE DIAGNOSIS TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL. The charts in its appendixes (A-D) match other machines that we
    have: The Quick Turn 10N and 20N. We do not have that particular document with the appropriate info for the Slant Turn 15 Universal 1000.

What would help us solving the problem:
    --------------------------------------

- I/O address chart
    - Parameter Explanations
    - Alarms and Trouble Shooting Guide

All for the slant turn 15 universal.

Does anybody have access to that kind of info or an idea what could be wrong or what could be done to investigate?

Best from a newbie in this forum,

Thomas

Did you check the relay to see if the contacts are "stuck" on? Can you not cycle the relay manually?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Were the boards that were fixed output cards? If so you may have a defective (shorted output). You should be able to get a list of the parameters from mazak including the User,Machine,Maker,ATC,Cutting condition parameters.
    I cannot remeber if the ladder can be displayed on that model, as you could check to see if the output assigned to the relay is on, if it shows off, and the relay is on then it indicates the output is shorted, otherwise the ladder should indicate from the rung, why it is on.
    For Mazak technical help, try the techs in Seatle 800-426-2052. They have helped me out in the past.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for trying to help.

@ HuFlungDung: The relay works properly. We have even replaced it with other relays to no avail.

@ Al_The_Man: Indeed, the I/O address shows that the QF relay is shut but it actually opens (which leads to the emergency stop). According to what you say this would indicate that something is shorted. And actually the guy that fixes the machine says that he once has done a very evil thing - connected the 24 V from the generator directly to the relay (in order to check if it works). He fears that that current might have "met" the 24V from the PowerSupply somewhere in the board and caused some damage. But that exactly was the reason why we sent all the PCBs to Mitsubishi and had them checked and fixed. Shouldn't all shorts be removed by that? Or can there be a short elsewhere?

On another note I am wondering where I could obtain a copy of an interface control and troubleshooting manual for the slant turn 15 universal with T1'.

Hope to hear from you again.

Thomas

If the I/O shows it the output is on, then and the relay is picked up, then the output is probablly not shorted, incidentally on most of the Mitsubishi output cards of that vintage, where I have suspected a shorted output, the pin on the Honda connector on the edge of the card can be traced back to the buffer IC and most of them are in sockets so you can replace them or swop them with another IC of the same number on the board to confirm it. I don't have the number of the equivalent IC handy but they are readily available.
    Have you tried Mazak in Kentucky for the manuals?
    I have a customer with a slant turn 15 but it is a T2 control.
    Al

Albert E.

Thanks Al! We will try that.

I called Mazak for the manuals but parts is not really sure what manual is needed for me to investigate deeper (I/O address charts etc.). It was suggested to me that there is no interface diagnosis and troublehooting manual available for that machine and that there might be a service manual. Is that correct and is there a way to obtain it without paying too much?

Best,

Thomas

If Mazak is no help, as a last resort try to get manuals of the control at least from Mitsubishi, the type of controller is usually stamped above the processor, or on the back plane.
    The problem with mazaks is they use their own customized version of the Mitsubishi control. You could always try putting out a feeler on the CNC Machinist forum
    http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...f=13&submit=Go
    for someone with the same machine, and see if they would sell you a copy of the manuals.
    Al

Albert E.

We have a interface diagnosis and troubleshooting manual for the T1' control but the charts in there match our Quick Turn machines but appear to vary form the Slant Turn. That si why we are looking for such a manual for the Slant Turn. Or is the manual always only for the control and it does not really matter which machine?

Help on parameters list setttings on Slant Turn 15

I am trying to get a Parameter list for my Salnt Turn 15 with a Mazatrol T-2. I am willing to buy a copy of the manuals if anyone has them available. I cannot get any support from Mazak since the machine was originally sold in Australia. It has been a long story with Mazak!

Thanks,
    Robert

Mazatrol T1 Manual in English.

I am in need for Mazatrol T1 Manuals in English. My Mazak CNC Lathe is not working. I need complete set of manuals.

Can anybody out there help. I am novice in CNC. No help from Mazak or Mitsubishi, found 1 guy but he is demanding very high price. I opened the control panel and physically looking at the controller and drivers, everything seems to be all right, based on the condition of the controllers. Looking at the machine's iron, I am sure its not very much used. The battery is replaced, there was some problem in the transformer, which I have repaired. But now don't know what is the next step. Because the manuals are in Japanese..

Thanks and have nice day

Rizwan

You should also have a hard copy of the parameters oncluding the OP's.
    If you replaced the battery there is a good chance that you lost them, unless you reloaded by hand.
    Al.

Albert E.

Need help with Mazak Slant Turn 15 Univ. / Mazatrol T1

I have a set of Mazatrol T1 manuals in english but I do not have the parameter list for the Slant Turn 25. The manuals are useless unless you have the parameter list. If you have a complete manual set them maybe we will be in luck. I can scan my manuals and and send a pdf to you and you could send me a copy of your parameter list.

Dear Al

I am facing the problem in "51 Thermal Trip" Alarm in our MAzak Slant Turn 15 Lathe. I have to check all the realys & contector & even Changing both axes drives but problem is not solved.

Any body helps me for solving ths problem?
    is this possible to bypass this alarm?

Pl. help me.

Shailesh

Help me

Did you check/reset all the contactor thermal overloads?
    Also look for any NFB's, Non-Fused-Breakers that may be tripped.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks Al for reply

Yes, I have cheched all the possibility. give me any other possiblity for further checking

Did you open the hinged door on the Spindle drive and check the contactor/NFB behind it?
    Al.

Albert E.

yes i have open the hing door & checked NFB, found ok.
    pl. tall me all other possibilities

I have Mazak Slant Turn 30 the alarm 51 is for the thermal overload hydraulic pump.

Check the overload on the pump contactor, reset it if necessary, also check any pump fuses.
    Al.

Albert E.

Page 1 of 2 12