584,808 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Smile

Hey Gpena and Zdravko

Thanks for all your replays. Special thanks to Gpena – IT WORKS I found DNC in Operators Panel, turned the software switch on – and wupti, dripfeed is available – very very easy. You are a “FMA” (Fanuc Miracle Man), and have solved problems for many people. We are all indebted to you.

My friend Jeppe is now dripfeeding by chancing parameter 480,2 also on a
    0M. He asks if / how it would be possible for him to activate DNC through Operators Panel. The Operators Panel is, for some reason, not available on his machine. Do you think it easily could be changed or would it require major ladder and software change?

Best regards and thanks again !
    Anders

Anders:

You are welcome, about your friend's issue, if he wants to activate the soft. op panel it is easy by parameters, but to make his DNC to work like yours he needs to change the ladder, we can do it if it is a 0MB, 0MC or 0MD control since we have the Fanuc ladder console to edit the ladders, but it has a cost and maybe he prefers to work as he is actually working.

Greg.

Re: Fanuc 0M number and dripfeed?

Hi guys
    This is an old thread but I have a similar issue.
    Im about to purchase a Leadwell MCV-OP Fanuc OM
    I also need to find out more about drip feeding this machine, so is this thread regarding OM or OM A, B, C???
    Thanks
    Bart

Quote Originally Posted by toranacar View Post
    Hi guys
    I also need to find out more about drip feeding this machine, so is this thread regarding OM or OM A, B, C???
    Thanks
    Bart
    Is it a OMate? On both mate and om-c you can hit prog button until ladder comes up and then you search for G127.5. You should be able to tell from the ladder what needs to be activated to set G127.5 to 1 from the ladder. If you attach pictures of the ladder here we can tell if it's connected to a diagnostic parameter or a physical button. When I rewrote my ladder to include G127.5 I hooked it up to a spare digital input that I wired to a physical button. It's nice to be able to switch between local and dnc quick.

Thank you for the reply.
    Ive been talking to these guys and wondering what software I should get.
    Predator CNC Editor Express - Predator Software Inc.
    Predator CNC Editor - Predator Software Inc.
    And Cam Soft.
    Ladder im guessing the wiring input/outputs? Of the RS232???
    I don't have the picture of this but I will try to get it to you.
    It is a Fanuc O-M control.Attachment 421260

Reply from Predator Software
    So it can be a bit tricky. Technically there are four possibilities:

1. On the operator panel there are a series of buttons for the main modes MDI, Edit, Automatic, Jog and hopefully Tape. Tape mode may also be labeled Remote mode.

2. On the operator panel there is a rotary switch for the main modes. Again look for a Tape or Remote position.

3. Some Fanuc 0s don't have a Tape/Remote button or a Tape/Remote switch position. But, they do have a special procedure to enter Tape mode. Which is not common knowledge and is what I have documented at the office.

4. Finally, your concerns are correct. The earliest/oldest Fanuc 0s don't support Tape/Remote mode at all. When you boot the CNC there is a revision letter that is also important to determine the age/capability. Look for a Fanuc 0M A, B, C, D, E, F etc. Again, the letter revisions which will/won't work is documented at the office.

Have you purchased the machine already? Can you discuss this point with the previous owner?

Thanks,

Jim

From Cam Soft
    Drip feeding via an RS232 serail from the PC to the Fanuc is a standard feature of our Advance System 3000 CAD/CAM software.
    Which means you get a CAD/CAM system which you don't have to use.
    The documentation shows a diagram on how to make the RS232 cable for a Fanuc 0M control.

The cost is only $199 when you purchace direc. Plus $59 for an Optional USB hardware ket (dongle). Retail or Dealer prices ar $1,295

(1) You got to be sure that your Fanuc has a RS232 port.

(2) You also want to be sure you already know how to set up the Fanuc to send and recieve programs.

(3) Drip feeding is different than downloading on a Fanuc. You should know how to set up the Fanuc parameters to configure the XON and XOFF characters that enable the dripping start and stop process.

Thank you for the reply.
    Ive been talking to these guys and wondering what software I should get.
    Predator CNC Editor Express - Predator Software Inc.
    Predator CNC Editor - Predator Software Inc.
    And Cam Soft.
    Ladder im guessing the wiring input/outputs? Of the RS232???
    I don't have the picture of this but I will try to get it to you.
    It is a Fanuc O-M control.

Reply from Predator Software
    So it can be a bit tricky. Technically there are four possibilities:

1. On the operator panel there are a series of buttons for the main modes MDI, Edit, Automatic, Jog and hopefully Tape. Tape mode may also be labeled Remote mode.

2. On the operator panel there is a rotary switch for the main modes. Again look for a Tape or Remote position.

3. Some Fanuc 0s don't have a Tape/Remote button or a Tape/Remote switch position. But, they do have a special procedure to enter Tape mode. Which is not common knowledge and is what I have documented at the office.

4. Finally, your concerns are correct. The earliest/oldest Fanuc 0s don't support Tape/Remote mode at all. When you boot the CNC there is a revision letter that is also important to determine the age/capability. Look for a Fanuc 0M A, B, C, D, E, F etc. Again, the letter revisions which will/won't work is documented at the office.

Have you purchased the machine already? Can you discuss this point with the previous owner?

Thanks,

Jim

From Cam Soft
    Drip feeding via an RS232 serail from the PC to the Fanuc is a standard feature of our Advance System 3000 CAD/CAM software.
    Which means you get a CAD/CAM system which you don't have to use.
    The documentation shows a diagram on how to make the RS232 cable for a Fanuc 0M control.

The cost is only $199 when you purchace direc. Plus $59 for an Optional USB hardware ket (dongle). Retail or Dealer prices ar $1,295

(1) You got to be sure that your Fanuc has a RS232 port.

(2) You also want to be sure you already know how to set up the Fanuc to send and recieve programs.

(3) Drip feeding is different than downloading on a Fanuc. You should know how to set up the Fanuc parameters to configure the XON and XOFF characters that enable the dripping start and stop process.
    Don't get anything yet. I use fusion 360 for CAD and CAM. It's free until you produce for more than $100k/year. Start with that for testing and see that everything works before you spend anything on CAD/CAM software if you are within the limits. If not start it as a trial version so you can test it.

I'm not an expert on these machines and I only know what I found out on my O Mate and OM-C so take this info with a grain of salt but I figured that it's better to tell you what I know than saying nothing :P I haven't worked on a Fanuc OM (without -A/B/C extension). Is it an older version?

By ladder I mean the PLC program in the fanuc controller. If you look in the attached files this is how the ladder diagram looks in a fanuc om-c. If the machine isn't to old you should be able to enter this screen by tripple clicking the diag button I think it was. If it's old I've heard you either need a readout or look in the machine documentation if there is a printed version of the ladder. If you have documentation that your machine has drip feed enabled then you can just follow that but if you don't know you can search in the ladder for "G127.5". You will find it in the right side as an output to PMC and the symbols left of it tells you what needs to be enabled/disabled to have it set to "1". In the example I attached X002.0 and X008.0 needs to be on and the rest is off. X002.X is the four inputs from the mode switch on my machine and at this state it's in "auto" and X008.0 is a spare digital input I used to enable drip feed by a button I mounted in the front of the machine. In your machine if it's programmed it's most likely bound to a button in a similar fashion or it's connected to a "Dxxx" diag parameter so you can enable/disable it from a diagnostic parameter. G127.5 was not programmed into my machine so I added in my ladder.

For drip feeding I use a free program but it only runs on 32bit systems. I just use a old computer that is dedicated for the cnc. An old computer with a proper comport is preffered btw. You can use usb to serial but nothing beats a native port with hardware interrupts I think. There are some good ethernet-dnc solutions and ethernet to rs232 converters also but I haven't tried them on fanuc yet.

Great info
    Thanks mate

Diag as in diagram button?
    So to drip feed I need to edit the ladder to G127.5?

Hi guys
    Thanks
    Bart
    if you go and activate the diagnose D481 BIT 0 to 1 you will have DNC function on
    good luck

D481.0=1 DNC ON

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    if you go and activate the diagnose D481 BIT 0 to 1 you will have DNC function on
    good luck

D481.0=1 DNC ON
    Yes DNC is on.
    Need to figure out changing ladder for drip feeding

Yes DNC is on.
    Need to figure out changing ladder for drip feeding
    Can't see how to change the ladder

Hey guys
    So I went out to see the CNC and did find how to get to the ladder by pressing Diagnostics.
    I also got a couple of manuals of the guy. The manual did show G127.5
    However once I got to the ladder (On the CNC) I didn't know what to do do, how do you scroll through it or change it??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190602_0009.jpg  

The ladder I saw on the CNC had a lot of R numbers but didn't see G numbers.
    Im guessing these R's and G numbers are line or communication connection/configurations on the circuit board which accepts a communications path either from on board memory, Tape or other external memory (like tape)?

if DNC is on you need nothing more as a rs232 cable and a software to dripfeed,i use cimcoedit ,really easy ,just set it up and go.
    Let the R and G now,you have to learn about it ,now you are too far for understand it.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    if DNC is on you need nothing more as a rs232 cable and a software to dripfeed,i use cimcoedit ,really easy ,just set it up and go.
    Let the R and G now,you have to learn about it ,now you are too far for understand it.
    good luck
    Love to learn more about it
    Thank you everybody.
    Now time to organise transportation.

Yes I learning how to use CIMCO.
    Im also learning Mastercam.
    Im considering Predator or Cam Soft software for drip feeding. I actually have Mastercam 2017 but not sure if it has any drip feeding feature

Hi toranacar,

When you have CimcoEdit you have basic DNC functionality, maybe it's enough for what you want or what you need.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal View Post
    Hi toranacar,

When you have CimcoEdit you have basic DNC functionality, maybe it's enough for what you want or what you need.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.
    Yes I like cimco. I use it in tech college but I have used it for 2d stuff. I like to go 3d which is why I draw with mastercam
    The kind of parts I would like to make in the near future is a pressing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal View Post
    Hi toranacar,

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.
    I kind of forgot but I believe g code from mastercam can be copied into cimco

Hi toranacar,

All standard (iso) nc-code can copied to CimcoEdit, when you backplot (simulation) the code it becomes "visible".
    You can use Cimco for DNC, but large programs by f.e. Mastercam can cause buffer problems on control side.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Page 2 of 3 123