585,741 active members*
5,067 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Techno Isel Software

Hey, I have a TECHNO ISEL and I'm planning to run on a new computer, the old one now is a mess probably 10 years old, so I need to know what the software is for this and where I may be able to find it. All the info I have is here..

ISA Card = h20t43-srv400
    controller = h26t56-srvbox2

Please and thanks

have you contacted techno?

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

They said I'd need to buy the new PCI card, which would be $1700, and at this point I don't even know if the controller I have will work for this anyways.
    I just want to see what the machine I have is capable of, but the computers I have with ISA card slots aren't starting up with this hard drive which has the info I need, and I can't check the hard drive on a newer computer to see what software is on it. So if anyone has any suggestions into where I can find any of this old software it would be appreciated.

Found software from the old hard drive. It's called SAC.exe
    Only loads .sac files. Where can I find a program that makes .sac files, and what is a .sac file anyways?? so confused. I want to be able to make a program from Bobcad or something, and load into this SAC program to be able to run on my techno isel machine.

Buyer beware! Bobcad beware!

Haha, I've only ever used bobcad and become familiar with it, but this dolphin you speak of same idea?

I use both surfcam and dolphin. Surfcam at work for our mill. I have my own small shop at home (plan to eventually make it full time). I personally think dolphin is much better. I bought bobcad 2 years ago and refuse to ever even think of buying again. Between bugs, them calling 24-7, nickel and diming me for everything, support, it was just a nightmare.

True, I'm using Bobcad V20, theyve got V23 out now and pressure you into trying it then buying it while I'm already just used to learning V20, and fine with it. It has been countless times calling their customer support for problems. What's the cost of dolphin? and is it basically same idea?

When I bought my software from dolphin, I got hobby pricing. It isnt 100% hobby for me as I soon intend to make it full time. I have been carrying quite a workload and can barely make do with the time I have. Yes it is the same though in regards to both being cad cam.

Techno Isel

I also had a similar problem with a Techno table that I got from my employer. The controller was completely burned out. I solved the problem by replacing the controller with a unit from simple CNC for about $100. The motors needed to be wired differently but this only took about an hour. I am running Mach 3 software which works well, I still learning. Hope this helps.

techno controller options

Did you ever get a solution to your problem? I have a techo with the same setup but lack the pci controller card. I am looking for options other than the 1700 pci card...

thanks,

steve

I still have the computer that was originally hooked up to system. Want me to look? see if card is still workable?

Please! If you have it I'd be very interested...is it the ISA or PCI card.

Thanks,

Steve

Techno Isel

la_arts. I'm not sure yet. The system is an old IBM low profile desktop. Not sure which format they used but it's probably PCI. I will check later today when I get home. The system has been in my garage for probably a year. Good thing I took good care of it. When the system went down the computer was still running well. Just the Z axis card shorted and burned out. They ran it for awhile like this until they decided to buy a new machine. I slvaged all the parts I could get my hands on.

wow it would be amazing if you have it! we are anxious to get up and running and this would be the path of least resistance. i'll also be interested in the software since techno so far has indicated that they'd want money for the software even if i had the card, even if they verify the original purchase of the machine (not a very nice way to do things....) i somehow guess i might get around that one with them, but who knows.

long term, i am setting up for a big redo with teknic sst drives that have worked great for me on some robotic art projects....that's a bigger job than i hope to do now and would stress the budget for sure.

thanks for you help,

steve

Techno

La_arts, I will look and see what I have, I will try and post tonite when I've had a chance to check.

Techno

la_arts,
    The card I have is an ISA async card marked 1503236 xm. I also have the harddrive and key dongle from this system.

great

wow! amazing that you have it....

pci would be better but, most likely, this isa card would be the trick for for us right now. i can't quite be sure it is the thing but probably. what was the machine it ran?

my machine is a servo controlled 5 x 12 router with tool changer, vacuum etc.

what part of the country are you in?

steve

techno card

Quote Originally Posted by rhipps View Post
    la_arts,
    The card I have is an ISA async card marked 1503236 xm. I also have the harddrive and key dongle from this system.
    Please let me know if we can work something out on the card and stuff.

I really appreciate your help. We using this machine for art but also a community based program teaching inner city kids crafts.

Steve

Techno

Steve what kind of stuff are you doing, if you don't mind my asking. I'm pretty new to CNC myself. Looking for ideas on what I can eventually use this machine for. Don't worry about price I'm sure we can work something out. Are you interested in the Harddrive and key dongle also?

Page 1 of 2 12