585,759 active members*
4,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > CNC Magazine Subscription - How to get it?

CNC Magazine Subscription - How to get it?

So, I've signed up multiple times on the Haas website, sent emails to Haas, called my HFO, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get the CNC Magazine mailed to my shop... (Although the monthly bill doesn't seem to have a problem getting there )

Anyone got any ideas to get the magazine? Maybe a ploy by the HFO to get me to come in and buy another machine? I like the magazine and the tips inside, but I hate reading it online and I don't drive by the HFO but once a year.

-James

I have the same problem- so no solutions. I suspect that we are too small to get a magazine since they only print up a limited number?

Maybe Haas works the averages; we get three or four copies.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Lol

I guess the way to get it is to complain about it on this forum Got an email from Haas, subscription is now setup Thanks to whoever worked it out!

-J

Quote Originally Posted by xiondavis View Post
    I guess the way to get it is to complain about it on this forum Got an email from Haas, subscription is now setup Thanks to whoever worked it out!

-J
    Your every post is being monitored, Big Brother is here.

Can Big Brother send me a magazine?

Like wise, I've made at least three attempts with no results, hopefully this thread will do the trick! Maybe I should ask first, is it worth getting?

In case HAAS is listening my TM-1P machine serial# is 1055218

Vern

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Smith View Post
    ... Maybe I should ask first, is it worth getting?

In case HAAS is listening my TM-1P machine serial# is 1055218

Vern
    It is free so of course it is worth it.

The serious answer is I think yes. I have seen several interesting articles of general interest not specifically focused on Haas products.

Good, then picking up on your previous post let's hope "BIG BROTHER" is listening. Just a point of reference, are you posting from east of the prime meridian or lost at sea? Looking at the clock, I'll guess you are in familiar territory.

Vern

I've done the same thing, signed up online repeatedly. Now I just stop by the HFO and pick it up after checking on the haascnc website to see if the new issue is out. It's quarterly I believe. It should definately be monthly!

CNC Machining

The magazine is quarterly - unless we do not have enough to make a complete issue. It may take a bit of time to get your subscirption.
    I do know that we have had our web server crashed recently. Some things are lost while we are still restoring others from our backups. You could try requesting again from our web site or send us an email.

http://www.haascnc.com/cncmag/lit_req.asp

You can also look at the magazine on the web site.

I tried for several years to get a subscription; I finally gave up after about 2 years. I really don't care for the online version, so I'll give the subscription another try.

My theory is that anything you post in the online subscription form on the Haas cnc site just goes into the recycle bin... Somewhere at Haas, there is an executive that is considering canceling the magazine because "nobody is signing up online for subscriptions".

Looks like my local HFO is the one who got me hooked up - the sent me a couple back issues, we'll see if they keep coming.

This whole thread is about the "magazine" which seems pretty low-impact, but my problem was that they have a pretty good industry magazine that is high-quality and already published - but not available to me due to a customer service snafu.

When I bought my TM-1 I asked to be put on the subscription list. A year later I'm still not receiving the magazine. I've filled out the subscription application on the Haas website at least twice but my mailbox has yet to receive a copy of CNC Machining. It's a shame because it's a nicely done magazine and well worth reading. I download the online PDF version but it's not the same as having the actual magazine. It would be really great to somehow get all the back issues and be able to leaf through them from time to time.

I also asked to be put on the email list for notification of when the next Demo Day will take place at my local HFO. I've missed the last two of them because I have yet to receive notification from either my HFO or Haas.

If they really wanted to irritate their existing or prospective customers they'd have to work long and hard to find a better way of doing it.

That being said, I like the machine, the company, my local HFO, and the Haas user community. It's just a bit disappointing when things like this consistently fall through the cracks.

Hopefully this thread will inspire them to address this problem.