585,970 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Line tangent through point

Line tangent through point

I noticed that line tangent through point works differently in X2mr2 versus V9.1.

In v9 --I select the curve or arc then the point to extend to.

In X2 --I select the curve then the tangent point on the curve to extend from, giving me the wrong end first. I don't see a way to give the endpoint first.

Any suggestions?

NEW TO X2

hi, in mcx2 being in create line place the cursor anywere in the arc or circle but not at the cuadrants then extend the line were you need it

(X2mr2)
    If you look at this the first point picks the tangent point on the first arc and doesn't let you change the angle of the tangent line, just the length. The tangent point is static, not dynamic. This is less functional than v9.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile

Ok, I found the tangent button in create line endpoint.

I wish I found the autocursor settings sooner.
    I was wondering where my selection options went.
    Things should be much easier now.

Thanks for pointing me the right way.

tip

remember in mcx you dont need much points you just have to select the initial circle or arc (anywere but the quadrants)and then do the same with the folowing circle or arc.(anywere but the quadrants)

Thanx -- I found it so much easier to use X2 once I found the "!" that gives me my options.

Almost ready to uninstall V9----SWEET!

Mastercamguru , it is alloy like Creat line tangent.
    Review here.
    http://www.mastercam-cadcam.com/vide...e tangent.html
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Smile

Thanx Jay -- I'm all done with v9.1 now. Once you get used to the new GUI in X2 it starts to come naturally. I just finished a 75 operation job with X2 and have to say it was easier than if I was still using V9. "Job note" from hole axis (Verisurf) helped keep track of things as well.

Wahoo... X2 !

Cool sounds like you made the Jump.For other the video was done in X3.
    I find it hard and slower for me to to go back to V9 after all this time and I use to be real fast in V9. But I have to say I feel the software just keeps getting beter and the move from V9 to "X" was the best thing I could ever do. But I had to learn and fast as I was selling it and had to demo it. It was still a little tuff as I was so used to the interface of V9 and before.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Smile

Yeah 6 to 7 wasn't that hard ...and neither was 7 to 8....8 to 9 was almost the same thing. X is a big change as far as looks, but I can still "think" the same way. It hasn't changed as much as appearance leads you to think it has. Lots of new options..I like X2 already. Maybe X3 in the summer. Still waiting for the concensus on X3 MU1.

I do have a question though........If I save an X2 MR2 SP1..file as v9(only geometry and ordinate dimesions) to open on another computer for the purpose of printing an inspection report. When I open it in v9 some of the dimesions are red(group color) and are wrong (shifted .020 or so). When I regen the associative dimensions they turn purple(result color), and change back to the correct values. I found three options for associative dimensions in v9 that refer to "regen associative dimensions", and think I have it figured out.

Is this a common issue or something new? ----------- Backwards compatibility issue? --------------Never ran into this before.