585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New T Hold downs installed

Well been a while since I posted pics of my machine. Perhaps serve as a refresher to some as a possiable design. In anycase with the design I can clamp around the paramiter of the table with out reguard to collision with gantry (since it's suspended from above) + is the clamping ability - is perhaps that the design might have a larger foot print then other designs might, + would be I have a lot of flat under machine storage for substrate.

Got a good deal on T bar (blue T rails for hold down) so figured I'd install some.

I've added the Vectric Aspire package to my software collection so will probably be doing more carving which hopefully the T rails will alow me to clamp in different areas of the table. (seems for the last 2 years i've been clamping most suff in the front left corner of the machine. Probably a good idea to spread the ware of the rack and rails out over the rest of the machine..hehe)

Enjoy the pic

Anywho enjoy the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB300015s.JPG   CNCJumpss.JPG  

I really like your router, I have been looking to build a new router and think yours is very simple in design, do you have any design plans for it? Any pictures of when you built it? I would like to learn more about it.

Thanks

I did a little build thread with some inprogress pictures.. Don't know if the old thread still exists but I'll search for it when I have a second..

I don't really have any paper plans of the machine but have considered drawing some up.. I found that this machine's base design is most similar to mine http://directory.boatdesign.net/detail/4086.htm
    Far as the gantry being suspended on rails above the table.

Only real downside to the design I suppose is the foot print is probably bigger front to back perhaps 2 ft and side to side maybe 1-1.5 ft then a compairable under the table supported gantry design. Really this is done to benifit clamping with out having to worry about collisions with the gantry..

Here is the thread of the final pics http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26768

This thread has some fairly early build pictures http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24582

b.
    b.

Hehe.. Just looked over my old posts. That was a trip down memory lane for sure.. Looking at the pictures I think I might now understand why (at the time) and perhaps now my wife probably thought I was crazy.. Hmmm

Anywho.

b./