585,926 active members*
3,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Sharp CNC > SHARP SV2412 TOOL CHANGE ISSUES

SHARP SV2412 TOOL CHANGE ISSUES

had not used my SV2412S mill in 2 months ...warmed it up was running a program got to T6 (drill T7 Tap T8 Ball end mill.

After drilling with T6 the tool changer picked up T8 and began performing T7 operation I removed the tools by EMG STOP Released tool 8 Zero return Jog Removed tool 7 to be safe.

I zero returned it backed off all 3 axis and shut the machine off.

When I try to run a program the tool caurosel eotates clockwise but never stops So I EMG STOP at tool 1 but it seems to be stuck in this malfunction. Every time I try to run a program.

In Jog carousel advance button rotates the carousel counterclockwise in a nonstop fashion. Hitting EMG stop at T1 neds it then I shut it down and back off the 3 axis.

Anyone know how to reset? I have an email in to Charlton at Sharp

Does it do this when you power up the machine and then home it the carosel just keeps turning.
    I hava a sharp 2412 also if i power up the machine and the machine says ready i must wait until i hear 2 clicks i guess there contactors kicking in. Now if i home the machine before i hear these 2 clicks the tool carosel will keep turning untill i power down the machine or push emergey stop . I asked Charlotn lu at sharp about this and he said the control says its ready before the machine is .I just have to wait about 15 seconds after machine says ready before homing.

Second , there is bolt sticking out of the carosel when this bolt passes by ,a proximity switch the tool carosel should stop
    When the bolt passes the prox.switch if its working right you will see a green light golw on the switch. if you don't see the green light as it passes the bolt the prox switch may be bad or need adjusting.
    Tim

Thx for the fast reply

Thanks for the reply.

I've always waited for the 2 clicks so that isn't an issue.

The proximity sensor could be the culprit. I changed out the servo motor and gearbox myself with warranty replacements sent by Charlton. That required my dropping the tool turret/carousel but it ran fine without issue for many months after I buttoned it all up.

It just blew me away when after it drilled it grabbed the next tool after the tap in the program (T8 ball endmill) and began tapping with it all the while the red LED on the controller indicated tool 7 (tap). Since I had to get T7 out of the turret I had to Zero return to jog it around to manually remove it or risk crashing the tool taper into the spindle if it tried to put T7 back....hoo boy

At that point it lost it's place and even though the turret rotates the red LED on the controlleer stays on T1.........fun stuff

Sorry to not answer your first question completely Tim,

When it powers up after all clicks zero return the carosel rotates but the LED stays on T1. It rotates a full revolution and stopping at T1.

I'll try calling up an empty tool after I power it up out of desparation in a few...

Any Reset procedures out there?

Thanks

Follow up

Powering up the machine still has the carosel stopping at T1 after zero return as the carosel changes position the LED does not advance tool to tool It stays on T1.

The original alarm message was an 1810 Magazine not in position after the toolchanger at the end of T6 op skipped the T7 then picked up T8 and began to tap with thankfully a much shorter tool!!!

Calling up an emty tool pocket or any program with a tool change (m6 T15 in MDI ) makes the carosel rotate counterclockwise and will not stop so I EMG stop it at T1. Again the LED constntly indicates T1 and does not change as the carosel rotates.

Ok if i understand you right you call up a tool and the carosel just keeps turning and the machine led says your still on tool 1. There is another proximity switch on the carosel next to the cam that turns the carosel again it has a little green light that lights up every time the lobe on the cam goes by and counts witch tool your on and when to stop the carosel motor. If that proximity switch doesn't work the carosel motor will keep turning or if it does not detect that lobe every time it turns it will pick up the wrong tool. Take the cover off and check it.
    There are alot of sharp mini mill owners on this form so please let us know what the fix is we may have the same problem one day.
    Tim
    Tim