584,860 active members*
5,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Maho MH600E - CNC432 Data transfer problems
Page 1 of 2 12

Maho MH600E - CNC432 Data transfer problems

I have tried to connect the machine (Maho MH 600E - CNC432) to my pc today, but it did not go so well. I used Hyperterminal to send files.
    I got the same error code (D84 i think it was) for data input and output, the error code stands for "waiting to long".

So i was install a instrument (line listener) between the serial cable, and
    then i could see that some information be sent from the pc to the machine. At the same time when i click send, when i try to send a program from the pc i got the error code comes up on the machine. I was thinking if the program have to start with any character to start recieve the file i try to send?

And if i tried to send data away from the machine to pc, the machine only
    was sending "EQ" 5 times with about 5 seconds between each other,like it
    wait for a signal from the pc. And when the 5th "EQ" has been send to pc,
    the error code D84 come up again. Does anyone now anything about this problem, or have any tip?

Here are my settings:

Baudrate= 2400
    Data bits= 7
    Parity= Even
    stop bits= 2
    Flow controll Hardware

Send CR at line end
    Local ecco

Here are the program i try to send:

%PM
    N9008
    N1 F200 S650 T1 M67
    N2 G1 X30
    N3 Y20 M30

I wonder if i should have the machine constants at RTS or 3-Wire?

3 wire is for software handshaking. It is the method I found works best. It uses X-on, Xoff signals for flow control. With a 25 pin connector, pin 2 at machine goes to pin 3 at computer. Then pin 3 at machine goes to pin 2 at computer. Pin 7 doesn't cross over to anything, so pin7 to pin 7. Also program must start with a %PM for first line. Easiest way to see the program format is to send a program from machine to computer, then open it with notepad.

Quote Originally Posted by thebodger@roger View Post
    3 wire is for software handshaking. It is the method I found works best. It uses X-on, Xoff signals for flow control. With a 25 pin connector, pin 2 at machine goes to pin 3 at computer. Then pin 3 at machine goes to pin 2 at computer. Pin 7 doesn't cross over to anything, so pin7 to pin 7. Also program must start with a %PM for first line. Easiest way to see the program format is to send a program from machine to computer, then open it with notepad.
    What program do you use to send/recieve data to the machine? I have this type of cable:

When you send programs out from the machine, do you need to give the machine any character to start to send over the data to computer? Or could you specify in details how you make the machine send data in/out?

For communication software we use Multi DNC. It is fairly expensive and is not nessessary for only 1 PC per machine. Hyperterminal will work fine. I never use hardware handshaking on the 432 CNC, because it can be quite difficult to get it to work reliably, if you get it to work at all. Besides software handshake is so much simpler, and you only need a 3 wire cable, so I will only comment on the 3 wire method.

First check your machine constants, they should look like this:

N 770 = 0 (DIO / DNC)
    N 771 = 0 (0= ASCII)
    N 772 = 1 (DIO Recognition Automatic)
    N 773 = 2 (DIO Flowcontrol 3 wire)
    N 774 = 30 ( DIO Leader/ Trailer)
    N 775 = 1 ( Stop Bits 1 or 2 )
    N 776 = 2400 ( Baud Rate)

You must also make a 3 wire cable like this:

9 Pin PC 25 Pin CNC

Pin 3 ------------> Pin 3
    Pin 2-------------> Pin 2
    Pin 5-------------> Pin 7

Constant N770 must be set to "0". You cannot use DNC mode with serial communication. It requiers special sofware and setup from DMG.

To output a program, simply press the "PROG MEM" key, then F5 "ID DIR", then "DATA IN/OUT", then F3 "OUTPUT".

For communication software we use Multi DNC. It is fairly expensive and is not nessessary for only 1 PC per machine. Hyperterminal will work fine. I never use hardware handshaking on the 432 CNC, because it can be quite difficult to get it to work reliably, if you get it to work at all. Besides software handshake is so much simpler, and you only need a 3 wire cable, so I will only comment on the 3 wire method.

N 770 = 0 (DIO / DNC)
    N 771 = 0 (0= ASCII)

9 Pin PC 25 Pin CNC

Constant N770 must be set to "0". You cannot use DNC mode with serial communication. It requiers special sofware and setup from DMG.

To output a program, simply press the "PROG MEM" key, then F5 "ID DIR", then "DATA IN/OUT", then F3 "OUTPUT".
    Thanks for your help, i will try this cable and setup on monday. Could i have folowing setup to Hyperterminal?

Serial= Com1
    Baudrate= 2400
    Data bits= 7
    Parity= Even
    stop bits= 1
    Flow controll Hardware

Send CR at line end
    Local ecco

The setup in hypertemimal is good except change flow control to "software X-ON X-OFF. I can't remember the hyperterminal control codes for this, or if you really need to set them, a Google search may help as I have not used hyperteminal for a long time. Send me a PM, IF you need a good MSDOS program for file transfer.

N 770 = 0 (DIO / DNC)
    N 771 = 0 (0= ASCII)

9 Pin PC 25 Pin CNC

I have try this setup that you was recomend me to use, and i could send programs from Pc to Maho, but not from Maho to Pc? I was use Hyperterminal, and when i have send the program i have to push Ctrl+D and then the machine start to recieve it. But when i was try to send program from the machine nothing happend om the Pc? Any ideas about that?

And when i have machine constant N 770 at 0 (=V24) i can´t start the hydraulic at the machine? This happen when i try to start it, it run a few seconds and then i got Error code M01 I05 I01? N 770 was set to 3 (=V11/V24)

You have to make sure you have selected a program on the CNC that you wish to send to the PC.

Constant number N770, if the value= 3 works, then use that, don't change it.

Also you may try to use the V24 program I sent you.

You have to make sure you have selected a program on the CNC that you wish to send to the PC.

Constant number N770, if the value= 3 works, then use that, don't change it.

Also you may try to use the V24 program I sent you.
    When i have constant number N770 at value=3(V11/V24), then i can´t send the program from Pc to machine anymore? But when i have N770 =0(V24) then it works fine to send the program, but the machine will not start?

Machine constants N782 to N798, what setup should this have?

After you change constant N770 = 0, are you remembering to return the constant write toggle switch back to the run position??? Or if you use constant N80 to unlock the constants you must return N80 = 0, to be able to start hydraulics. I don't understand how changing a constant for communication causes the machine to not start??

On our Maho mills we don't have N782, but I believe this is for RS 422???

But for :
    N796 = 1
    N797 = 1
    N798 = 0
    N799 = 0

After you change constant N770 = 0, are you remembering to return the constant write toggle switch back to the run position??? Or if you use constant N80 to unlock the constants you must return N80 = 0, to be able to start hydraulics. I don't understand how changing a constant for communication causes the machine to not start??

On our Maho mills we don't have N782, but I believe this is for RS 422???

But for :
    N796 = 1
    N797 = 1
    N798 = 0
    N799 = 0
    Yes i was remember to return the constant write switch. But like you say, i don´t understand why the machine not start after changing constant N770? It´s correct that constant N782 is for RS 422, do you now what this serial port is for? Maby i have to change some machine constants for RS 422 to make it work?

RS 422 is not a standard port on most PC's. Also the CNC may not have this port either. The constants for RS 422 are showing, but the hardware in the CNC may not be there. Anyway you can "Google" RS 422 if you wish to learn about it.

Did you try to completely power off machine after changing N770, then restart and see what happens?

RS 422 is not a standard port on most PC's. Also the CNC may not have this port either. The constants for RS 422 are showing, but the hardware in the CNC may not be there. Anyway you can "Google" RS 422 if you wish to learn about it.

Did you try to completely power off machine after changing N770, then restart and see what happens?
    I was turn the power off and restart the machine after changing constant N770.

I have to check one more thing with you. When i am push the "PROG MEM" key, then "ID DIR", then "DATA IN/OUT" and if i now push at the "menu" key then i got two choice "1. DATA IN/OUT" and "2. DNC LOCAL".

When i choose "1 DATA IN/OUT" mode, and hit the "DATA IN/OUT" key, and input, then it looks at the same way as it do when i have set the constant N770 to 0(=V24). An extra line comes up where it stands "DATA, PM, N". But i still can´t send/recieve any programs. And when i try to send program from the machine, it start to count lines in the program. And it looks like you succeed with the transfer, but nothing is coming out fom the machine?

And if i choose "2 DNC Local" and hit the "DATA IN/OUT" key, and choose "Input or output" then it does´nt happen anything and after a while the errorcode D84 comes up?

But when i have set the machine constant N770 to 0 and go to "PROG MEM", then "ID DIR", then "DATA IN/OUT" and if i try to hit the "MENU" key, then i don´t got any choices? If i choose the "DATA INPUT" the extra line comes up with "DATA, PM, N" and i could send the programs from the Pc to machine with no problems.

Do you have this two choices, "1 DATA IN/OUT" and "2 DNC LOCAL" at your machine?

I never get the option DNC Local on our machines. I wonder if you have a different software version in your control. If you select DNC it is normal to get an error code, because you don't have the DNC software on your PC. The CNC is trying to setup a DNC link with the DNC software on the PC. If it can't find it, it will time-out and give an alarm code.

When you say that you see program lines being read out at the CNC, but you get nothing at the PC sounds strange. Maybe a hyperterminal problem.
    Are you setting hyperterminal to recieve before you start to output from the CNC?

I never get the option DNC Local on our machines. I wonder if you have a different software version in your control. If you select DNC it is normal to get an error code, because you don't have the DNC software on your PC. The CNC is trying to setup a DNC link with the DNC software on the PC. If it can't find it, it will time-out and give an alarm code.

When you say that you see program lines being read out at the CNC, but you get nothing at the PC sounds strange. Maybe a hyperterminal problem.
    Are you setting hyperterminal to recieve before you start to output from the CNC?
    Today i was try with a stationary pc(I have a laptop before), and now i could send and recieve programs in V24 mode(MC N770 =0). Still the same problem to start the machinein V24 mode, and when i turn the constant back to V11/V24 then i could run the machine but not send/recieve any programs......

I guess that when i set the V11/V24 mode to machine, then the 25-pol com-port will be a RS 422 com-port, and with V24 mode the 25-pol com-port will be a RS 232 port? And it seems like the DNC run through RS 422 internal? That´s why i can´t run the machine when i change to V24 mode?

I don´t know anything about that, but somebody maby know how it work?

Hi all,

Unfortunatly i can't change some parameters esp N770 !! in attached pic's you can see what's going on.

and N774 is not existing, I was able to transfer machine parameters to PC but when i try to send data to CNC only 2 lines appear then Error D43.

does anyone experienced such problem?

I urgently in need of post processor.

jalal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28062009111.jpg   28062009113.jpg  

jalal:

the reason you can't change the constants, is because they are locked. To unlock the constants, do this.

1. Go to the constants screen and press the OPER MC softkey.
    2. Change constant N80 C0 to N80 C1, then ENTER, and STORE.
    3. Press the MANUAL key. Now the control will re-boot, and hydraulics will turn off.
    4. Go back to the constants screen and press the EDIT MC softkey.
    5. Now BE VERY CAREFUL !!! what you change. It is best if you write down what the constants were before you change them, incase you make a mistake and have to go back to original values.
    6. Remember each time you change a number, you must press ENTER, then STORE.
    7. Finally go back to constant N80 C1, and change back to N80 C0. then press MANUAL to reboot control. If you don't change N80 to C0. machine will not start.

Grusse
    What protocol are you using in hyperterminal? Xmodem, Ymodem, Kermit, Zmodem ?

Thanks,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by amosher View Post
    Grusse
    What protocol are you using in hyperterminal? Xmodem, Ymodem, Kermit, Zmodem ?

Thanks,
    Alan
    I´m not use hyperterminal anymore, i only use Edgecam now and it works perfect! I don´t remember what protocol i was use, but i think it was the Xmodem?

Page 1 of 2 12