584,858 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Environmental / Alternate Energy > I have some HHO optimizing questions...

I have some HHO optimizing questions...

I know I know HHO is "not efficient" but I think the level of inefficiency has *alot* to do with the design of the generator and for what purpose the gas is used. I want to know how to make a superb generator that is very very efficient.

For instance I read that its the amount of current as in AMPS and not so much the voltage level that causes water molecules to split into HHO gas. So basically if you can get a superb electrolyte that lets 30 amps of currect flow using 1 volt its 12 times more efficient than a setup that requires 12 volts to push 30 amps of current through the HHO generator.

I realize a generator can be scaled up making it huge to push current through the electrolyte more easily and that electrolyte is important. Anybody know about PWM and its importance? How about the surface finish on the plates? I remember reading that the better the finish the lower the electrical resistance of the plates so that is another way to get more current using less volts.

Only reason I think low volts is important is that it means less power is being consumed to get the same amount of gas assuming it really is the current doing all the work.

A good design for keeping the hydrogen and oxygen gases seperate would be awesome from a safety point of view.

Exclamation HHO Optimising...

HHO is best produced at lower voltages, you are correct.

For this reason multi- cell units are used. However, multi cell does not have to mean multiple generators.

Using the correct set-up a multi-cell can be easily built into one HHO Generator.

The lower voltage will reduce the amount of heat-waste energy.

We have been producing these systems since 2005 and have great success with them. Be aware, there are several copies out there, however these Hydrogen generators are not made using the correct metals, surface preparation etc.

In short, any Supplemental Hydrogen generator making HHO at 12 - 14 V is generating a lot of waste heat and will only be marginally effective.

You can check our site at www.HHO-PROS.com/
    formerly savefuel.ca

P.S. We are revamping the faq, you will find some gems in there as well.
    http://www.hho-pros.com/faq/

P.P.S. PWM is the brainchild of stanley meyers, his theory was proven to be a hoax and it really P's me off that his material is still out there confusion 100's of well meaning people, who are throwing good money after bad buying the ebooks on his stuff.

see wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer on "Also, if the device worked as specified, it would violate both the first and second laws of thermodynamics,[1][2] allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine.[2] Meyer's claims about his "Water Fuel Cell" and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[3][1]"

Jaco

It will not work good on unmodified O2 sensor type systems.

to smertrios,
    I have been doing many experiments to porduce gases from water. Theres a lot of info on youtube. I think the way we should all experiment is with a Dry Cell design. If you are looking to buy anything from a company selling hydrogen generators, dont! They will tell you anything to make money. But we should all know about this carbonless fuel. I have a few ideas on how to stop voltage leakage between Dry Cell plates. I never want to make any money form this, but if it works i want to let anyone know how to do it.
    PWM (pulse width modulation) Pulse width modulation is the process of switching the power to a device on and off at a given frequency, with varying on and off times. These on and off times are referred to as "duty cycle".
    Any car newer than 1994 will have to get around the O2 sensors, this is true.
    Please, safty first! Learn as much as you can before you experiment. Never store hydrogen, use it as you make it.

Inefficiencies can be found when you start to convert Jewels and energy used by both Hydrogen and gasoline or diesel. HHO is one of the biggest most popular shams. Alot of HHO companies have come and gone after they sell their product. Smertrios if you look hard enough you may find a way to make it much more efficient however right now there are no good ways to make HHO more useful or more powerfull than gasoline. I think the only thing that can come close is using it in conjuction with Nano-solar.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.