585,753 active members*
4,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > Modernization of the Elm Dc Servo Controller (Russian UHU by Hudognik)
Page 1 of 14 12311

Hybrid View

Modernization of the Elm Dc Servo Controller (Russian UHU by Hudognik)

Continue Subjects http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62911 here, as this open project and i hope that who be else joined to modernizations Elm Chan servocontroller.
    Present new variant scheme and code.
    Change:
    - Moved converter RS-232/UART from PCB into DataCable. USB/UART on FT232 - works, but bad. Better use RS232/UART.
    - Added limit move Limit_L & Limit_R. Questioning of their condition through 20ms (for eliminating noise). If Limit are not used, that detail their chain possible not to install. Internal pull-ups resistors to all input are installed software in AtMega.
    - Select type contact (Normally closed or normally open)
    - Input EMERGENCY STOP (E-Stop) - it is actuated one temporarily enable Limit_L & Limit_R to condition “ServoError”.
    - Output “ServoError”. Moves over to condition “ServoError” with simultaneous indication of this condition. Disable thereof conditions through Off-On power, unset on Reset or in ServoTuning push “Stop” or change the mode.
    - Two steps of protection from unbalance of the positions. 1st. - at excess 20 000 steps immediately transition in condition “ServoError” . 2st. - on time - at excess 3 steps are included timer and if in current 15 seconds unbalance will not become less 3 steps, that transition in condition “ServoError”. If for 15 sec. unbalance will become less 3 steps, that timer reset.
    - Sensing the condition encoder possible (as variant) on interruptions from internal comparator. On him and external entities VD2,VD3, R23-R25, R29 is made analog exclusive or (EOR). The differences in work I have not noticed (no high-resolution encoder), but theoretically she better (fast), than with questioning encoder on interruption from Timer0 (12mks).
    - It is actuated WatchDog (period 38ms)
    - Increased reliability of keeping data in EEPROM. For this: record of each parameter from ServoTuning is produced in 3 bytes located in miscellaneous area EEPROM. At power-up are read these 3 bytes, are then compared and if one of them is not others, that is produced rerecording the bad cell. This is repeated for all importances in EEPROM. When loading parameter from EEPROM in ServoTuning are read given only from one area (without checking for equality). After conservation and loading parameter address EEPROM is changed on address not containing data. After these change - I reset EEPROM did not observe.

I have done 4 variant Source Code: Servo_AtMega_TimerInt - for AtMega8, on Timer, Servo_AtMega_CompInt – for AtMega8, on comparator and such for AtMega88 - Servo_AtMega88_TimerInt and Servo_AtMega88_CompInt. The Code trims with interruptions from Timer0 possible to use as with scheme, which I shown earlier, so and new variant. With interruptions from comparator, only with new variant of the scheme. The Code trim with interruptions from compator I have checked only with AtMega88, with AtMega8 only partly, but guarantee on 95% that she will work.

When adjusting in ServoTuning importances for Your motor save in zero bank, as started with it.

Possible ways of the further improvement:
    - Installing the quartz on 24МГц and change the program
    - Use the hardware multiplying (only on AtMega)
    - Change of time of the servo cycle with 1ms on more low importance
    - Development PCB. Since I all change did on PCB, which shown earlier + with additional element with outboard montage.

Commentary in Source Code in russian language, but if it is necessary can translate one of the SourceCodes (for example).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scheme_4.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Video work modified ElmChan Dc Servo Controller http://depositfiles.com/en/files/tse...iles/tseutbpe8

What supply (motor voltage) are you using in the video? Looks like pretty low voltage.. How high of voltage have you tested?

thanks
    sam

The First engine usual DC Motor Brush - for test. He on 220V, but I felt from 130V. So maximum velocity on video 2500 RPM, under 220V he quicker.
    The Second motor – servomotor (old – 1975 Y.), is installed on old tool, which I remake. The Engine on 110V, but I shall add a little more 130V (such beside me Power Source was got).
    On tool with encoder 60 lines x 4 = 240 imp/rotation reaches velocities 4500mm/min (161 imp/mm => F=12 075kHz). Above - limit rotation motor.

Thanks for all this great info. I look forward to read more The video was really cool
    :wee::wee::wee:
    :banana::banana::banana:

Quote Originally Posted by hesham morsy View Post
    ...I look forward to read more The video was really cool
    In Russia presently coldly . That You wanted to hear on hot? (flame2)

Here is my mistake! Sorry!
    Regards to all!

Quote Originally Posted by arisov77 View Post
    Video work modified ElmChan Dc Servo Controller http://depositfiles.com/files/tseutbpe8]DepositFiles
    Hi, Arisov and all friends!
    Where can I download this program?
    Regards,
    Slavoljub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slika001.jpg  

ATMega8

Test is finish !
    Video-link:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1953238131/26082012047.mp4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slika978.jpg   Slika979.jpg  

@ krazatchu
    I do not sell these boards accept that I had to make more as required, so only sell the to much boards.
    But i didnt get any requests so.
    i still have them so if someone is interested in it !!
    they work great.

If anyone is interested in parts and or pcb production contact me.
    I live in China and have good sources for this.

Atmel / Roel

Lightbulb

Can anybody put here one archive with all documentation needed to run this servocontroller? Thanx much!

@krazatchu: Few questions to your design:
    LFuse Value = 0xD7 ?
    HFuse Value = 0xD4 ?

Is there any EEPROM File to V16 MEC-S3 or which EEPROM I could find here is working fine?

ServoTuning didn't connect but in terminal i've got '˙ERVO V3.2 Mg88' ('˙' instead of 'S'). What's wrong?

Edit: OK, I know now that I need to have an EEPROM to have 'S'
    I used 'Servo_Mg48_16Mhz_v3_4.eep' with 'Servo MEC-S3 v16.hex' and now Servo-Controller Setup (exe) works

thx man

u don't share the source file of ATmega+l298 drive....can u please share the same.
    Naeem Mughal

Arisov nice work - keep it up!

RGDS
    Irfan

Here is variant AtMega8 + L298 and SourceCode with "Dead-Time"=1 mks.
    I this did not check so do not guarantee work. For initial check possible to use SourceCode Servo_AtMega_TimerInt. With this code must work all. Afterwards you programme SourceCode Servo_Mega8_L298. If that that will not work, write - try to correct.
    Diodes VD1-VD4 better to use UltraFAST or Shottkydiodes.

Possible this driver on L298 http://www.ikalogic.com/shm_hb_l298.php will better work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Servo_Mega8_L298.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by arisov77 View Post
    Here is variant AtMega8 + L298 and SourceCode with "Dead-Time"=1 mks.
    I this did not check so do not guarantee work. For initial check possible to use SourceCode Servo_AtMega_TimerInt. With this code must work all. Afterwards you programme SourceCode Servo_Mega8_L298. If that that will not work, write - try to correct.
    Diodes VD1-VD4 better to use UltraFAST or Shottkydiodes.

Possible this driver on L298 http://www.ikalogic.com/shm_hb_l298.php will better work.
    To control the servo what kind of input is required?(is it step/Dir pulse or a command based input?)

Also will the code work with the following circuit diagram in the attachment?

Smile Thank

Excellent!

hi guy's any one can post the fuse bit's for atmega48_20au I have problem with them thanx

Page 1 of 14 12311