585,753 active members*
3,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMC setup issues

So far I have not seen any movement at all in any of my steppers. I purchased a breakout board from cnc4pc ( C1 board) and shortened my parallel port cable in hopes of solving any signal issues which I originally thought was the problem. I have noticed that even with EMC running a sample code none of the input LEDs on the breakout board light up, which I would assume means the computer isn't sending any signal. The power LED on the breakout board is on, and the steppers are hissing so I don't think there are any issues there. Is this an issue with my settings in EMC or the computers parallel port itself? Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Did you provide a 5v source to the Enable (EN) pin?

There is a jumper from 5 volts to the enable connection on the breakout board. Also tested the cable and there are no issues in that.

I was testing my breakout board earlier and there was no continuity between any of the ground terminals. All of the 5 volt terminals only had ~.7 volts to ground other than the 5 volt input from the computer usb which was 5 volts and the power light comes on. Is there any chance that the grounds aren't actually connected by design? I'm going to unmount the board tomorrow and see if anything is stuck under shorting anything out.