584,871 active members*
5,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ Trak Error

When the machine boots up, the BNDC count will count all the way down and then when the main screen appears an error will pop up "SET PARAMETER(1) FAILED ERROR SETTING PARAMETER 1". If the machine sits for a few days it seems to boot up fine, but if you try to cycle power after the first time the error will return. Any help would be greatly appricated!

If the BMDC counts down to zero, it is not laoding the software.
    You may want to pull it from its ISA slot and clean the edge connector and/or try a different ISA slot if available.
    It is also possible that the software is corrupted or the media (hard drive, floppy, disk on a chip, disk on a module, flash card) is having difficulty being read either because CMOS may not be correct or age.
    I would also check the logic power supply. fans, etc.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

IF ISA slot swap works, your job is NOT over. THis suggesst that M/B is/has become frail and therefore unreliable.

If you have a HDD, get into DOS and run SCANDISK plus DEFRAG and in that order. IF any bac sectors show up, start looking for a new HDD. THis usually means that it is starting to go sour and that is something that does not get better as times goes bye.

If you don't have software backed up, get some some how. A reload may be in order especially if issues showed up in DEFRAG or SCANDISK.

Make sure the CMOS has not been fooled with. Make sure LBA access is OFF and that the "Write to hdd before exit" is "ON". EIther being set wrong will cause HDD scramble issues.

MACHINETEK knows best. I simply add some deeper insight that I learned from troubleshooting my machine.