585,973 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Prolight 1000 retrofit

I have a prolight 1000 with stepper motors, there is a control box that contains a power supply and motor drive circuitry. I looked up the ICs that look like the stepper control ICs and they are ST L297's wich are stepper driver chips that take step and direction inputs. I have been told that this box connects to a motion card, but it looks like it could plug into a parallel port on a PC. Either way it seems it must take step and direction inputs, so I think it can run from Mach3. Has anyone done this or have any info on the pinout of the box?

Thanks

hi
    i have used prolight when i was in college great machine , i dont recall any pci cards in the pc just a paralel cable to the controler. anyway u can search their site

www.lightmachines.com

Lightbulb prolight 1000

Hi mi name is Rosalio Moreno im from grand junction colorado, well as far i know a prolight 1000 need a PCI card that you need to install on the pc, this type of machine used a black controller box a diference of the prolight 2000 used servo motors and everything is integrated on the back of the machine "back pack" you can run this machine with a rs232 cable pluged to a com port on the computer.

im really new on this too im really glad that we can help each other on this website.

here is the link for the manual that explain the things that u need to know about the mill.

http://www.intelitekdownloads.com/Manuals/CNC/

this is what i read

"note: The interface card is factory set to operate in the address range reserved for bisync cards on the pc I/O address ma "03a0 hex".

Its not a PCI card, its an ISA card, i.e. it plugs in on the ISA bus of the PC. The address range is set manually on a DIP switch. You may have to search through your Control Panel, checking all the I/O devices on your system, see what addresses that BIOS and/or Windows has assigned to them, make sure your DIP switch is not set to the same address as another device in your PC.

If anyone out there has a spare early Intelitek/Prolight/LightMachines interface card, I need one.

Is there a pci card avaliable?

can you change it we dont have a working motherboard with an isa port is there a pci slot controller card we can purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill87CP View Post
    can you change it we dont have a working motherboard with an isa port is there a pci slot controller card we can purchase?
    1. Well, you could find a motherboard with an ISA slot. Chances are it will be older tech, might not make your software happy.
    2. Check this thread...http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...ht_1000_a.html
    Maybe something there will help you.
    3. contact Intelitech, they will sell you a PCI board. Let me know if you do, I might be interested in buying your old ISA board.