584,858 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Everything comes out as mirror image

I need some help, I'm using Mach 3 as the control software and Vectric Cut 2d. I've built a vector file that looks to be fine when you view it as a simulation but when the code runs the image that is cut out is a mirrored image.
    I discovered this when I tried to do a sign and the words all come out as a mirror image.
    I'm sure its a setting in the Mach 3 software somewhere but I'm not sure where to look.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Randy

Smile A little more information?

Hi Randy,

It sounds as though one axis is reversed...

What type of machine? Steppers or servos? Has it worked properly previously, or is it a new machine?

Regards, Jason

It is a new machine, its a Vortech 5 x 10 running Mach 3 as the controller software. I suspect that it is a reversed axis, I can't say for sure that it ever worked correctly as the test cuts I did were squares, circles etc. Now that I'm doing a pattern that is not symetrical I have confirmed that it isn't working correctly.
    When its set up the image on the toolpath screen shows that the toolpath should start at the bottom left of the material but it wanted to go from that point and then move further to the left so I moved the start point to the bottom right of the material and it moved to the left into the material and everything was reversed.
    Based on that I woulld assume that it is the X axis that is reversed, I can't remember where in the config I can change the direction of the stepper motor.
    Are you familiar with Mach 3???
    Thanks for your reply.
    Randy

Talking Er...

I didn't know for sure, but my buddy did - ports and pins, make the X 'direction' active low, if it's already active low, make it active high... I had the same problem, but with servos - I just set the drive master rotation to 'reverse', but that's no use to you...

Thanks to my pal for the screenshot

Best regards,

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pp.JPG  

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I'll try it in the morning, I'm sure that is exactly what the issue is.
    My Dad may get his christmas present afterall.
    Randy