585,759 active members*
4,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > MIKINI MECHATRONICS - NEW CNC MACHINING CENTERS 16"x10"x16" 2000 lbs Linear Rail
Page 1 of 2 12

MIKINI MECHATRONICS - NEW CNC MACHINING CENTERS 16"x10"x16" 2000 lbs Linear Rail

Mikini Mechatronics would like to announce it's new product line, the 1610L compact CNC machining center. It has been in development since 2005, launched in 2008.

The 1610L's key features are as follows:

Fits in 3' x 5' floor space, fully enclosed. Fits through 36" doors

Cast in G3000 35KSI low silicon grey cast iron, with fully cast stand

16 " x 10 " x 16 " XYZ travel

30 " x 9.5 " table, 5/8" slots

3 Hp Brushless Linear drive spindle with R8 taper

310 - 5400 Spindle RPM with ISO P4 bearings

H class linear guides on all axis

JIS C3 Class ground ball screws

Only requires 220 VAC 1 phase power

Weighs 2000 lbs

Flood cooling system installed and tested

Integrated 4 axis MIKINI V1.2 CNC & Manual control system

Optional industrial PC CNC controller

Pin Hinged doors are easily removable for large stock

Fully cast base facilitates easy movement

Single shot 15 point oiling system

We feel that this product defines a new class of CNC machining centers, in terms of performance, value and scale.

Please find full details, more photos, and specification sheets at www.mikinimech.com

We also welcome dealer inquires worldwide.

We have a limited offer on just a few 2008 machines, and would like to offer a substantial discount to CNC ZONE members on these machines.

We welcome comments and questions. We hope to have videos available soon.

Thank you for your time. We look forward to serving the CNCZONE community.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1610L.jpg   1610L_12.jpg   1610L_13.jpg   1610L_11.jpg  

Mikini 1610L CNC-7.jpg   Mikini 1610L CNC-6.jpg  

would really like to see one in action
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Happy to provide demonstrations - videos soon

Hi,

We are more than happy to provide demonstrations at our facility in watsonville, California.

We will also have videos available soon online

Regards

Mikini Mechatronics

Do you have any plans for a small-scale lathe as a compliment to the 1610L mill?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKINI MECH View Post
    Hi,

We are more than happy to provide demonstrations at our facility in watsonville, California.

We will also have videos available soon online

Regards

Mikini Mechatronics
    Might be interested in taking you up on that. How should I go about arranging this?

Chris.
    List of parts sources for CNC builders - http://www.CNCsources.net
    Dyna Mechtronics 4400C Conversion - CNC bed mill w/toolchanger to Mach3 conversion - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50787

Dealers and Demonstrations

Thanks for all the interest from the community in our 1610L.

Please feel free to Email us at [email protected] with any questions or to setup a time to see one of our machines in action.

We're happy to customize demos to your application and material within reason, contact us for details.

We're also happy to chat with you about your needs, and the tradeoffs of our machine in regards to design and configuration compared to other solutions available elsewhere.

Regards

Mikini Mechatronics

Small lathe

Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    Do you have any plans for a small-scale lathe as a compliment to the 1610L mill?
    Not at this time. We do have more machines in development which are targeted for release around Q3 2009 and throughout 2010. Depending on interest we may start development of a lathe, but release would not be until late 2010 or 2011.

Our machines are developed from the castings up, and are 100% new designs using exclusive castings, control and drive systems. We also have very strict internal testing and certification processes for our new machines, hence the long development times.

Regards

Mikini Mechatronics

I understand the lead time for development of a new product, especially from the ground up. I'm telling you right now that if you develop a small lathe as a compliment to the 1610L, especially for around the same price point, you will sell as many as you can manufacture. Look at the message boards here on the zone...a small-scale CNC lathe is a very viable product and an unfilled niche. I would buy a lathe and a mill at the same time if you had them available. I would buy a mill from you if I knew that you were going to introduce a lathe. I want a series of machines from the same manufacturer for the ease of customer support, familiarity of control software, and reliance on a system comprised of quality components & implementation. You won't hear any inquiries if you show no interest...your potential customers will ASSUME you have no interest...and thus miss your target and niche. Companies are too often not willing to listen to customer input until too long down the road...when they are failing and the product that customers have been wanting all along would have helped stave off failure.

Videos available on youtube

Hi,

Just would like to let the forum know that we did get videos up on youtube.

They are available by searching " Mikini 1610L "

Below is a direct link to the 1610L surfacing HDPE at 525 IPM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOuiv2oZ6X4"]YouTube - MIKINI 1610L CNC 525 IPM FAST surfacing HDPE 0.75 insert 5400 rpm Fast cut Touch screen[/ame]

Here's another cutting 6061

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivD6WUrcPqc"]YouTube - Mikini 1610L 6061 surface cutting 3/4 inch endmill 1000 sfm CNC machining center[/ame]

Thanks for your interest

www.mikinimech.com

impressive feed on such a machine, do you have any vid of it working aluminum or steel
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

videos - 1610L - al

Hi,

The second video we have posted here is surfacing a block of 6061-T6, which is a pretty hard temper of aluminum. Sorry, we should have noted that it was aluminum in the title (not just the alloy number).

Thanks for looking

oups sorry my bad i did not check the title and due to the light in the machine i took for granted that the white wash of the light made it look like derlin my bad sorry for this

well this machine seem to be a trully great performer

I'm interested to hear what OTHER machines you have planned, as you had mentioned in one of your posts. I personally welcome the advancements in small-scale equipment development, as I assume do others. These advancements benefit all those who need/want to bridge the gap between low-end hobby equipment (ala X2/X3) and full production type machines (ala Haas MiniMill/Fanuc RoboDrill).

development items

We are working on several options for the 1610L and other machines. Give us a call 831.254.2012 to discuss or email for details.

We welcome all feedback. Let us know what your applications require and we'll add your feedback to our database for consideration. We're here on CNC zone mostly to listen and help answer questions.

Regards

Mikini Mechatronics

In regards to the videos I think it would be helpful to see the machines capabilities with regards to 3-d surfacing, cutting harder materials such as stainless and tool steels, seeing the surface finishes after the machining as well as seeing the machine with larger diameter cutters (I would like to see the difference the 3HP makes versus a 1HP machine like the tormach).

Also, you mentioned a 4th axis is available, could you post some videos of the 4th axis in action?
    Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion on videos.

We are working on several application videos that will be based on customer applications and show the capabilities of the machine systems.

We expect to have new videos in 2-3 weeks.

All machines are 4th axis ready (all systems support a 4th axis in manual and CNC control modes, and the machine has a 4th axis DRO in manual mode)

Our 4th axis hardware will be available Q2 2009. We currently support all 4th axis hardware that supports step and direction drive input.

Thanks again

Vaporware???

I have personally called Mikini Mechatronics three times with personal contact details.

I have never spoken to a human being, just arrive at voice mail.

It is beyond odd that in this economy a company would not field calls in regards to a sale or any due-diligence work a purchaser would pursue.

I'm still waiting on a call-back...I'm hoping that they check this sight and dial me up.

Until then...looks like Tormach is the only suitable machine in this class/range...

Please contact us

Hi,

Not sure why you are not getting through.

Please give us a call 831.254.2012 or email [email protected] with your contact details.

We get back to most inquires same day.

Regards

Mikini Mechatronics

I had a long talk w/Phil on the phone today in regards to the 1610L...let's just say, keep an eye on this company. They have some good things in store!!!

I feel more comfortable now with my decision. This mill is the one I've been waiting for. There is a new home for at least ONE of Mikini's machines in my new garage that's going up! I'm even more anxious now for the groundbreaking to begin!

I don't want to speak out of turn, but do give Phil a call if you have ANY questions regarding this machine. You might even learn a few pleasant surprises on the horizon

More.

This machine looks very promising.

I need to see more though.

Something that is guiding me, in my first CNC purchase, is videos.

I need to know exactly what this machine can do and at what speed.

Please take a lesson from Tormach http://www.youtube.com/user/tormachllc

I want to see longer videos. 15 seconds on aluminum is poor at best.

I want to see mild steel being cut as well.

Also, in the current economic crisis, how can your company assure me of stability ? Will you withstand these hard times ?

I need to know that I will be able to buy parts and get service a few years down the road.

It appears that you have a fine product but I need more...

Page 1 of 2 12