584,879 active members*
5,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Single Line Font?

I have downloaded this utility and it looks great. I am anxious to engrave an operating panel with switch labels, direction indicators, etc.

Is there such a thing as a single line TTF? Every font I select always gets an outline. I would prefer a just a single line letter. I will be doing very small letters (like .30" high) and engraving an outline of the letter will make it appear very thick.

Any suggestions?

When you first open the program up it defaults to a single line font. Just don't select a font.

Darek

Wow, that was easy. I thought you had to select one. Thanks Darek.

By the way, I sent a private message (PM) to you a few weeks ago. You asked where I was in TN. I am in Winchester, which is about halfway between Chattanooga and Nashville.

Thanks for all of the help!

Howdy Neighbor,

I got your PM and just left you a PM.

Darek

question on Desk Engrave Stick 40 Font

A few weeks ago I was looking for a single line font for engraving. Someone told me about Desk Engrave and I started using it. I like it but I seem to be having problems with some of the letter when working with a text height at 0.30". It seems that the letter I (eye) is \ rather an straight up. I also notice that it appears that sometimes the Z axis does not lift off between letters. Is it the font or my machine. I am running Mach2.

:drowning:

You should be able to see any discrepancies in the Toolpath window of Mach 2. If the toolpath also shows the I like \ , then the code was generated wrong. Same applies to the Z moves.

Darek

Thanks, I just now realized I had a help folder in Mach2. I saw how to zoom in on the window. Thanks

This may need to be in the Mach 2 forum. What I am seeing is plotted right but when executed the two G00 moves in succession are ran as a single line of code, not in single step though. I tried G61 exact stop mode with no difference. I broke the double G00's with a G01 and it executes properly.

(EXAMPLE)
    N72 X0.049 Y0.016
    N73 G00 Z0.100
    G01
    N74 G00 X0.308 Y0.011
    N76 G01 Z-0.100 F5.0

Darek

After exiting and restarting it works fine now (Mach 2).

Desk Engrave and Stick 40 Fonts.

I think I discovered something that may be interesting to other folks on the forum. Several weeks ago I finished my cnc router and installed an engraving tool on it after testing it with a router. My main ambition was to do small letters with an engraver.

At that time I started looking for some form of stick type or one line font. Someone guided me toward Desk Engrave. I loaded it and thought it was the berries. What I found was that when I exported (small text) as a DXF file and imported it into Mach2, some of the letters were not straight or the Z axis did not pick up between letters. This seemed to happen on text smaller than 0.50" high with a precision of 8. The letter I (eye) would look like a backslash.

I also have a plasma cutter with Flashcut CNC Controls. I exported the file out of Desk Engrave and imported it into the Flashcut Program. It looked ok. Flashcut makes a G code file with a FGC extension. After Flashcut had done the G code, I then imported this fgc file into Mach2 and everything was perfect. The only thing I can think is that Mach2 gets confused on the vectoring of the small font.