584,841 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hyundai kia skt250lm

Hello everyone. I am looking for my first cnc lathe. I am very interested in the skt250lm. Does anyone have one of these that they could comment on? Also, what controls would work best for this machine? Fanuc or seimens? Do I have to get special softwear such as mastercam to run the fanuc efficiently? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

The Hyundai-Kia SKT250LM with a Fanuc 21i is a solid choice. It's got a 30HP belt driven spindle with box ways so alot of power and rigidity. The standard 2 axis machine is a geared head but they switch it to belt drive for the live tool version because it's difficult to maintain any type of "C" axis contouring accuracy with a gear driven spindle due to the backlash in the gears. It also uses a Fanuc alpha series 4,000 RPM 7.5HP live tool motor. Pound for pound, one the heaviest most rigid 10" live tool CNC machines on the market for the money. Depending on your quoted price, Hyundai-Kia is also offering a 3 year warranty on the machine.

i have two hyundai / kia machines and they are solid.

Service for the siemans control is not available locally and will be expensive to repair if the need arises. Fanuc repair men and operators are plentiful. This is why I would go with Fanuc. Your situation may be different in Canada though.

I've only spent a few days on a hyundai and really like it, seems pretty accurate.
    Has fanuc 21 .