584,861 active members*
4,741 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post milltronics Partner 1

We have a Milltronics partner 1, 1993 w/Centurion5 coontrol. this machine has been sitting Idle for 8 plus years..., I have 2 problems;
    1) When I try to read a file from a disk I get error code #302 no programs on disk to select from?, I have programs on the disc in .txt format and also .NCC format?
    2) Trying to make a tool change T#M6, the machine tries to go to the tool change position Z+ the control calls error code #403, Z axis software limit overtravel? if you look at the DRO the Z value is different every time?

Please advise...

Your text files should be renamed as formated like this O#### capital O not zero and up to 4 digit number without the .txt extention. There is a parameter that will allow the use of standard DOS file names.

The tool change parameters should be looked into on the Axis parameter page. Other parameters that may have some influence on the error would be positive and negative soft limits and actual home position values loaded after homing.

Homing position
    X 00.0000
    Y 00.0000
    Z 00.0000

Software limits

Positive Limit
    X 00.0000
    Y 00.0000
    Z 00.0000

Negative Limit
    X Max travel inches -31.0000?
    Y Max travel -18.0000?
    Z Max travel -12.0000?

Tool Change Position
    X 00.0000
    Y 00.0000
    Z -XX.XXXX Relative to Z home position. Obtain this value by setting Z Tool to zero after homing, then jog or handwheel the Z axis to where the tool holder lines up to the carousel finger.

DC

Thank you DC, I will try your recommendation.

Set your comp to show file extensions, and remame the files by deleting the extension (.txt). Click yes, when asked if you want to do this.

Name the file as One Of Many says, and you should be good.

The new version of Gibbs we are using defaults to a file extension that works with post-Haste, IIRC, and we have just been deleting the extensions and getting recognition from the control.

Cheers
    Trev

Thank you trev!

The file extensions for part files can be anything. (.txt, .nc, etc...) Toggling the parameter FULL DOS FILE NAMES to yes will allow the control to read these files when trying to load, save, edit, delete, etc... This parameter is found under F5(MISC), under the unlocked parameters menu.

Everything works great guys thanks for the advise, I had to put a Z=+.125" in the positive software limit param, no more alarm while trying to complete a tool change cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bada Bing View Post
    Everything works great guys thanks for the advise, I had to put a Z=+.125" in the positive software limit param, no more alarm while trying to complete a tool change cycle?
    Chances are that while this may cure the alarm issue, it masks another. The real problem I suspect is that either the cam, encoder marker pulse or homing switch postion of the Z has been altered. Normally there is no need for increasing the positive limit for getting a tool change to happen within the axis limits. If the Z home limit triggered 1/8" higher, the Z tool change point could be set accordingly within that envelope.

More of a technicality than a hard rule, but what you don't know is how much closer your chosen solution may put the axis travel to a hard stop, risking damage to mechanical components or simply over current a servo drive at some other time.

You might get away with using it as is, or use the not so obvious information the machine has hinted at to set things as they should be and avert a potentially greater catastrophy later.

DC