585,715 active members*
3,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Radius's appearing in square corners

Radius's appearing in square corners

Hi folks, wondering if someone can share me some info

First home built cnc lathe

Have been struggling with different softwares from bobcam through to sharklathe. Have just recently purchased an older copy of mastercam version 10 or plain X through ebay and it arrived yesterday

Pretty good software more than I need, however when I draw up a simple profile in mastercam or autocad Ive tried both situations and have a square sholder etc, the mastercam rendering shows it as perfect however it comes up in mach 3 as radius's inserted. Now Ive selected within my tool parameters no radius corners etc, but its still happening.

I edited the produced nc and yep its commanding a radius within the cut, can someone help us out, becuase I am now officially stuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc lathe.JPG  

My best advice...

Stop using your newly aquired Ebay version of Mastercam and return it for a refund or perhaps burn it.

You do not have a legal license to use the software.

Ever heard of these guys ?

http://www.bsa.org/country.aspx?sc_lang=en

Trust me. You don't want to.

mmm, yes well thanks for that. It came with a usb security plug in. So Im assuming and pretty sure Id be correct that it is only installed on one computer "mine" as no one else can use this copy as I have the security device which allows it to operate. Therefore I think it would be a waste to throw it in the bin as you recommend

That being said, do you have any actual advice to the problem I have regarding the radius's. Im assuming its the wrong post processor thats causing me the problems, but not postitive, would like to hear from someone who actually uses mastercam on mach 3

Read the license that you agreed to during installation. Simply having a security dongle will not save you.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you. I have lots of experience with the MC Mill3 package but don't know anything about lathe so unfortunately I can't help.

I would be looking within the operation for an option to roll the tool around corners and disable it. That would be the most likely thing in the mill package.

Yeh I re read the intro jargon, and it saids your not allowed to operate the software without the security device fitted - which is fine but then it saids if you purchased it from a third party you no longer hold a valid license and to contact them for re-issue. Ill send an email of tommorrow and find out how much they want, but have a feeling it will be on its way back to the seller in the USA. I paid with paypal so there wont be any issue in getting my money back $365.

Its frustrating the **** out of me anyway, even codeshark worked better than this and it was freeware

Thanks

Your seat of Mastercam should have cost about 5 grand.... so I guess it's true....you get what you pay for.

It looks like you have a problem with Tool Nose Compensation (TNC). I don't know where it's turned on or if you really need it but it's going the wrong way in Mach 3; it's inverting the compensation direction. It looks like Mach 3 is expecting all of its references from the 'conventional' tool position (on the operator side) rather than the CNC position (tooling away from the operator).

I'll bet that if you check the nose radius on the cutter you used in Mastercam, you'll find the same radius as the error.
    Greg

in your lathe is the tool coming from the bottom or the top.
    your pictures are shoing in MC from the top and the backplot shows from the bottom.

Do we have tools defined correctly.

PS I know you don't want to hear this but the MC you have most likely a bootleg and the Key is a copy. can you tell me if it is a Alladen key being a printer port white key that says Hasp 4 or a purple USB key.
    You may have bought at legal software that compnay closed and thought they could sell it. Just be aware of were we are coming from on this issue.

PS Happy New Year.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks for all the help, TNC sounds valid and makes a lot of sense, I just recieved an email from bobcam and the v23 version is for sale at 890 usd. I worked out I can get my money refunded through paypal and be out 400 odd extra. They supply all post processors "lifetime" and any conflict glitches money guarantee fixed. Has anyone used this and whats it like in comparison to mastercam. Giving it a serious thought as it is direct from manufacturer

Thanks

For your home use on home made this makes allot of sense. I also think you can offer them less and they will byte. Bank for buck I think for home use the Bobcam is a good deal.
    You can wait till monday and talk to CNC mastercams main office and see what they say about what you have. but the chance it will cost you allot more in the long run then what bobcam is offering.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks for all the help from everyone, Ive already started the paypal claim thing, they have a month to resp to prove it can be licensed becuase the ebay add said, legal fully working copy. So we will await and see what happens.

However that being said, as frustrating as it was I did learn quite a bit from the mastercam experience. I noted the biggest issue was the xyz as pointed out. If I go into the settings on mach 3 and reverse them for the lathe so instead of active plane being x-z and changed it to y-z the circles would in fact dissapear, but then the finish was rougher. Doesnt matter now anyway, will use mach 3 wizards again until this is sorted and then bobcam v23

Thanks

What's the big deal. Email CNC Software with your sim number and they will tell you if it's a legitimate sim. They will also ask you to relicense it, but at least you'll know that you weren't scammed by the ebay sale.

As for the "Codeshark" being easier....
    A Piper Cub aeroplane is easier to learn to fly, than an F16 Fighter Jet. I'd still rather have an F16.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mattera View Post
    As for the "Codeshark" being easier....
    A Piper Cub aeroplane is easier to learn to fly, than an F16 Fighter Jet. I'd still rather have an F16. Mike Mattera
    Yep agreed. I used to be in the military here in Australia "air force" as a jet engine mechanic. Got to go for a ride in a F18 Hornet once, once is enough. It was fun but I would never do it again