585,982 active members*
4,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Damn Weather

Page 2 of 2 12
    'it will not last for ever without regeneration or replacement.'

definitely true, in my case i get a fairly long life out of a bag by using a very fine weave bag that allows the moisture to ..what's the word.. accumulate on the exterior more so than 'dissolving' the chloride in the bag..
    and the room is small, normally closed, with no windows or other openings other than the door...and is in a fairly well insulated basement that has no water seepage problems or such..

I also use a cut off pop bottle top to hold the calcium chloride, and another one underneath screwed together for a catch can..

In a larger area, with more temperature changes, or with a coarser bag, and more moisture influx into the area, life expectancy of a bag would be greatly reduced..

my situation is , in general, not similar to a workshop, ..

but any type of calcium chloride condensing system is cheaper to make / purchase than electrically operated dehumdifier or similar, but may not remove enough moisture in a larger area with constant access and temperature changes..

if it makes any difference, the stuff i get from the tire shop is more of a table salt sized crystal, they had the 'dust' type as well, apparantly it [dust type], goes into a useable [for them] solution quite a bit faster..I have no idea if they are 'exactly identical' compounds, both were used for ballast at the tire shop..

I've noticed that on my air compressor I have to drain the resevoir tank every day and get quite a bit of water. This water comes from the air as compressed air can't hold as much water vapour as normal air and the water condenses out.

Could this be used to extract moisture from his garage? Would it cost too much though? Just a thought.

Also- removing rust. There's a guy called Frank Ford who has a novel idea of reverse electrolysis here:

http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/Qu...stremoval.html

But I don't know if it would affect any electronics.

I don't know if this has helped and I thought before posting it, but any relevant information is always usefull.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Page 2 of 2 12