585,978 active members*
4,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SL-1H / 2000gII

Just picked this up - I was told it was making parts till it was taken off the floor, but I doubt that. I bought it cheap enough that I can make money scrapping it if it's toast.
    I would really apppreciate some help with a few things. I downloaded the controller manual from Yaskawa (2000g with crt), but can't seem to find an owner's manual or wiring schematic to download (I can't seem to get any dc power). The controller panels appear to be in very good shape - no blown fuses or tripped breakers. I put power to it (yes, I checked transformer taps) and didn't let out any of the magic circuitboard or wireloom smoke. Hydraulics work fine if I operate the valves manually.
    Also, someone pirated the crt while it was in storage. Does anyone have a spare I could purchase cheap or borrow until I know if I can even get it cutting?

Thanks,
    Keith

Check the DC output on the CPS power supply. They have molex connectors where you can stick a probe in to check the output. You may want to disconnect all the connections to the DC output in case there's a short dragging the DC power down.

You can get a machine drawing directly from Mori Seiki.

Yaskawa sells a 9" crt and adapter cable for that. The original 6" CRT's are no longer available. Being 9", it won't fit in the place of the 6" but you can make your own box and sit it on top of the control pane.

[email protected]

800-YASKAWA (press 13 for parts, 23 for tech support)

Thanks for the reply Motionguy.

I think I have a line on a couple of 9" crts. Will check into the adapter.

I believe my dc problem is before the power supply. The NCM contactor is not pulling. If I start NCM manually everything powers up, but the contactor won't stay on. Mori wants 2 arms and a leg for a "complete documentation package". I would kinda like to see what drivers, servos and motors work before I spend too much.

Thanks,
    Keith