585,676 active members*
4,796 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 14 of 16 41213141516
    hmm, that looks nice. I converted my arcs to lines with a length of 0.2mm each. Problem now is that the machine started stuttering a LOT. Do you know what causes this?

Fantasy2,

I have no idea what is causing that.

Could you please try this disc (about 50mm). Cut slow with minimum air assist.

Tweakie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00445a.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Fantasy2,

What software are you using to create the file (Corel)?

How do you get the file to the laser (Corel driver or import to laser s/w)?

If using inport, what format are you using for transfer and what is your laser software?

The laser may be seeing individual lines and not auto-joining them for smooth vectoring, this is usually caused when the start/end points are not at the same location. I've seen this when you have a line width and then export.

Zax.

Thanks both for the info. I put the speed at 5, power 90 and can cut 8mm thick Plexiglas in 2 passes. In the first pass it almost cuts through and with the second pass it polishes the Plexiglas and cuts through the remaining material.

It seems to be the trick to put the laser bundle halfway the material so the taper isn't that big compared to focusing on top of the material. Edges are really smooth and the precision is better than expected(within 0.03mm).

Quote Originally Posted by VBLietuva View Post
    Realy need your help !!!

I'm using rabbit co2 laser 6090se 60w, cutting and engraving different materials and different thickness. Now I want to buy extra lens and mirrors. Rabbit for 2 lenses and 3 mirrors with transportation wants 250 $, I found for 160$ in alibaba.com, but rabbit says that their lenses FOCUS IS ABOUT 41mm , and seller from alibaba offers only 50.8mm FOCUS LENSES and says it should work perfectly.

I have to order as soon as possible and don't know what to do ?

Maybe you know over lenses and mirrors suppliers for laser like this ?

Thank you for your time and answers
    Hi if you whant good lents buy it by Laser Beam Delivery System Laser Beam Delivery Components : Haas Laser Technologies
    Lents are more expansive but This can improve the lifetime and they good quality products.
    Common focale ZnSe lents for engraving is 2" = 50.8mm

rabbit parts

We had a small fire and need some parts for my rabbit hx-1290se. Please email me at [email protected]

We had a small fire and need some parts for my rabbit hx-1290se. Please email me at [email protected]

what is the damaged part ?
    What do you need ?
    Atelier FEDERICO - http://federico.pro

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy2 View Post
    Thanks both for the info. I put the speed at 5, power 90 and can cut 8mm thick Plexiglas in 2 passes. In the first pass it almost cuts through and with the second pass it polishes the Plexiglas and cuts through the remaining material.

It seems to be the trick to put the laser bundle halfway the material so the taper isn't that big compared to focusing on top of the material. Edges are really smooth and the precision is better than expected(within 0.03mm).
    I have 200w and you can cut 8mm at 5mm/s power 90% in one pass (result is polished . air pressure: (0.4) Bar (absolute value= 1.4 bar)

You guys might want to look at this thread:http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...er_motors.html

Quote Originally Posted by myrko View Post
    I have 200w and you can cut 8mm at 5mm/s power 90% in one pass (result is polished . air pressure: (0.4) Bar (absolute value= 1.4 bar)
    Ya, but my system is only 60Watt

New Laser problem - Please help

Hi everyone.

I really would appreciate any help you could give us please.

We have the model HX3040. After 2 days of messing around we have finally aligned the mirrors,

When we now cut perspex material, we are experiencing double lines during cutting process...

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem...

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

1) Put picture of problem here
    2) Check lens and mirrors - looks like one of them not fixed well
    3) Are you sure in good allignment?

Quote Originally Posted by acrylicsrus View Post
    Hi everyone.

I really would appreciate any help you could give us please.

We have the model HX3040. After 2 days of messing around we have finally aligned the mirrors,

When we now cut perspex material, we are experiencing double lines during cutting process...

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem...

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Probably a misalignment from the last mirror to the lens. Had the same problem but that fixed it

problem

Hi,
    Many thanks for your super quick response,
    I can post a picture not a problem..
    All mirrors are secure and fixed, we did the alignment yesterday and it is hitting the centre of all mirrors..??
    We have cleaned the mirrors with 100% alcohol tonight as well...

Is there something we have missed..

Once again thanks for your help

How does your beam look like without focus? Can you make a picture of that?(just a shot on cardboard or something)

Check the alignment at every corner of the table. Also, all mirrors could still be perpendicular to each other but if the lasertube to the first lens is not perpenticular it still doesn't work.

If the beam is not 100% round there is a misalignment.

There are several possible causes.

Misalignment - resulting in odd reflections either from the edge of a lens or mirror etc but it sounds like you have rules that out. I would still double check the final mirror / lens alignment just to be 100% sure.

Cracked or non-level lens / mirror - seems you would have found that during the cleaning.

Reflections from the cutting base - possible depending on your material and setup. It is easy to determine, put the Acrylic on a piece of wood or something else that will absorb the beam.

Zax.

Maybe your path is aligned but your laser beam is touching the nozzle. and
    try to cut during 2 min. and if your nozzle is hot that is the problem.

note:

1 the laser tube should be on the same plane as the mirrors. aligned
    2 the axes of the mirrors must be the same height as the axis of the tube. and be lined up by 90 ° each
    3 use 20mm clear acrylic to control the perpendicular cut and not angled clut.

Used Araldite on tube not working n ow

Hi,

If anyone can please help me then it would be appreciated,
    We after 6 weeks finally got the laser working and become good at aligning etc etc.

A couple of days ago we were using the laser and the end of the tube become separated(the end next to the first mirror). We spoke to the guy who sold the laser and said this was a common problem and to stick the end back on with some Araldite, which we did and have left for 24 hours.

And now the tube does not even fire at all, when we are doing the test buttons we are not even getting a reading on the ampere metre,

I am guessing one of the two following things, but if someone can advise that would be brilliant...

Guesses are ... We need a new tube..

There was an issue with how we have adhered the araldite and its not sealed??

Any help would be appreciated,

Kind Regards

Aaron

Will be better if you will post picture here, but looks like you are right - you need new tube
    In your case all gas dissapeared from tube and advice stick it back will not work

Help

Many thanks for the response, this tube is only 2 months old do you think it may have been a faulty tube or is there anything we may have done wrong..

I will try and get a pic up in a while..

Many thanks for your response.

Kind Regards

Page 14 of 16 41213141516