584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 16 of 16 6141516
    I have cut polycarbonate with laser without problems. Check air assist first - may be power of air assist was set too low for polycarbonate.

There is no reflection from aluminium so don't worry. About mirrored/shiny surfaces - I have heard many stories about possibility of laser tube damaging with reflected laser ray, but never see this in reality

If you avoid PVC (vinyl materials) you should be ok. Polycarbonate/Lexan does give off toxic fumes but won't damage the machine like PVC, however I wouldn't recommend inhaling the gases.

Shiny surfaces aren't a problem on low power machines, although I would avoid using max power on copper.

Zax.

Just to clear up the focal length issues with lens's.

The setting piece used with a lot of Chinese lasers is 41mm, the actual focal length of the lens is 50.8mm (they are two inch lens's) this is measured from the rear face of the lens (upper side when looking at the lens in the machine) and is it's peak optimal focal length.

The shoulder you measure from to set the Z axis height is 41mm from the work face when the actual rear of the lens is 50.8mm

Over here(I'm in the UK) I try to avoid making too much comment on focal length issues as sooner or later somebody is going to poke the tail of a vernier into the back of their lens holder to measure it and scratch the coating then wine at me because they scrapped their lens.

I often swap out lens's depending on the job I'm doing between a 50.8mm,a 63.5mm and a 101.6mm focal length. So far the best results have been found with a 63.5mm focal length lens purchased direct from China for 40 USD inc postage. Please also be aware the only other difference is between lens diameter, they come in 18,19 and 20mm so please ensure you buy the correct one.

Also it pays to be aware that many of the different machines are made in the SAME factory and are coloured at the request of the reseller to their own livery. On occasion you may well find your paying for a name or colour scheme

best wishes

Dave

I must agree. He is not trustworthy anymore. He owe us money too. It's a shame because he used to have such good service and good products as well.

Quote Originally Posted by busola View Post
    Hello ,
    for every people ho don`t know me , i am from Romania and i want to buy an engraver from Litografa but after i send money to Victor , he don`t answer don`t send money back and only lie me for 15 months .
    I AM STEEL NOT RECEVE MY MONEY BACK FROM LITOGRAFA .
    DON`T MAKE BUSINESS WITH LITOGRAFA BECAUSE YOU LOSE YOURS MONEY
    VICTOR IS A LIER AND HE ONLY CHEATE PEOPLE AND USE THEM MONEY IN HIS INTEREST
    From 15 months i try to get my money back from Litografa .
    WAY ARE NOT GIVING MY MONEY BACK VICTOR ???
    YOU SAID TO THIS PEOPLE THAT YOU WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM UNTIL CHRISTMAS .
    SO YOU DON`T LIE ONLY ME BUT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM HERE SHAME ON YOU !!!

Cool Victor

I've only had one transaction with Victor.

It wasn't really satisfactory, but that was because of the distance between our two countries, and the problems of postage from there to here.

He did send a replacement shipment and in the end I was quite happy with his service, so I have no complaints with him. :cheers:

Since you are much closer to him than I am in New Zealand, why not go and see him in person and sort the problem out between the two of you - rather than repeatedly spamming here with your attempts at character assignation?
    :argue: (chair):boxing:

Most users here have now seen - and noted - your complaint, and to keep repeating it just reflects badly on you. (flame2)
    My 2¢

Bob

I am having an issue with my honeycomb table "reflecting" the beam and burning the back side of my substrate. Is there any non reflective table material I can use to solve this problem? my table is pretty much blackened from use so i don't see painting it solving the issue.

Thanks
    Necessity is the mother of all invention (unknown)
    My club home page www.lhmac.org

Hello guys..
    I have a hx3040.. running on newlydraw 1,5.. i have a problem.. when i draw a rectangle of 20*10.. it cut it 20,2 x 10,1.. any advise? It is cutting 1% larger than the original file..
    Thank you

Re: People with Rabbit Lasers - Knowledge Pool

Hello! I have a HX-6090se I purchased off ebay from a company in texas. I currently reside about an hour from The Rabbit Laser offices in Middletown. This is my second personal engraver but Ive operated several.

Page 16 of 16 6141516