584,817 active members*
4,691 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > X4+ given up after just a few months

X4+ given up after just a few months

Hi guys, just checking with you experts.....
    I got a X4+ from Australia ( Frans) that just refused to work this morning.
    It had been perfect b4, as i wanted to start up this morning, the machine is switching on just fine ( Display works and shows manual mode).

But, pretty much each and every button refuses to work except for the e-stop ( you can hear a relay switching). I opened the control-box and found the following...some connections were a bit loose....fuses were all good....all lights on the boards green, except the ones on the stepper drivers which show constant red. I also noticed an high frequency hissing sound coming from the mainboard once the e-stop button is released.
    Spindle, Manual mode, manual axis movement all a no-go. Mpg and parallel port not connected....
    Guys any ideas....I am a bit clueless here how to get this puppy back to work.

did you contact syil australia
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Yip i contacted Frans Walschotts

Hi there, was trying to get hold of Frans Walschotts from toolmach ( Where i got the machine from) But i think i read somewhere that he is not doing the Syil products anymore?! www.Syil.com.au----> The Domain seems to be down...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNZ View Post
    Hi there, was trying to get hold of Frans Walschotts from toolmach ( Where i got the machine from) But i think i read somewhere that he is not doing the Syil products anymore?! www.Syil.com.au----> The Domain seems to be down...:-(
    Humm i don't know consumer law in Australia but i doubt you can just drop your customer like that.

edit: well toolmach still sells those machine so i guess they should be honering any warranty for replacement part
    http://www.toolmach.com.au/home.php
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Yes, i will try to get replacement parts, but at the same time i am trying to find out what is wrong exactly (narrow it down to the faulty part). I am in the middle of prototyping a rifle receiver and the machine is needed urgently. I know there is some people in this forum who know the drivers and mainboards quite well...if i could troubleshoot with you guys without having to send the machine to Australia, that would be very helpful.....Any input appreciated

syil canada

sorry to hear of your problems, drop me a email [email protected] i can defiantly give you a hand, and get you some replacement parts, or if you would like to give me a call tomorrow evening @ 01-403-400-7945.

PC communication problem?

My SX3 sometimes has a hissy fit at turn on, and I think is due to a watchdog problem.

Anyway, after turning on X4, and Mach3 not communicating, unplug parallel cable, hit Mach3 RESET (big red on screen) and plug in cable.
    Hit the reset again, and you shouldn't get a negative looking status message.
    Switch X4 from local to remote.

If all this is to no avail, the break out board where the parallel cable connects to may have a loose connection.

Check that the wires from the power transformer to the BOB are not frayed or loose.

Although Frans would have checked all screwed and crimped connections, these are the first places you should check.

If the machine is working in manual mode, everything after the BOB should be OK. I think it supplies power to some other areas too.

LED states on drivers vary depending on the microstepping position. See the Driver PDF (syil.cn) for explanation of LED states. Documentations is OK.

Hissing noises are not abnormal, with these switchmode supplies, when lightly loaded, as when E-S is active.

If the machine JOGS, look for PC/Mach3/Cable problems.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Thx Syil Canada,Thx Neil,
    Will try as you suggested, but i can't get anything moving in manual mode either anymore, hence switching from manual to cnc mode does not work either. Maybe i am missing something. On Syil.cn, there is only a productlist of alluminium dishes & trays. I tried Syil.com.cn and could not find any stepper documents......
    Cheers
    Chris

Manuals..

Machine manual downloads, I believe have the driver details, or once did.
    http://syil.com.cn/en/Download.asp