585,982 active members*
4,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Machine Definition Doesn't Change Code?

Machine Definition Doesn't Change Code?

I am modifying the Generic 5 axis fanuc router.pst in Mastercam X to work with a Motion Master 5-axis router (AB8400 Control.....OLD) and when I change the machine definition axis specs (ie....axis of rotaion, zero axis, and CW or CCW Rotation) it doesn't change any of the rotary output in the .NC file. Is the post that comes with X still not the updated enough to read the machine definition inputs?

You are correct. It needs to be changed in the .pst file. There is documentation for that somewhere. A .pdf file I believe.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

If you are talking about the first Mastercam X then you are correct. the newer versions of Mastercam X2 and X3 more more the post are starting to rec anise the change from the machine and control defs. Most Documentation is in PDF and is contained in the Documentation folder located in the main Mastercam directory.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thats what I thought and I have ended up changing the post with good success but I can not seem to find how to change the CCW rotation of my primary axis to CW in the post anywhere. Also my control requires absolute signed rotation (ie...C180 to C-179 would move the axis 1 degree in the negative direction) but when my program outputs the code It will output the initial position correctlly... C90 and a few lines down from that it will allso output the inverse code C-90 (which my controller reads as a 180 degree move in the negative because it is already sitting at C90) when there doesn't need to be a position change. If anyone has some insite on these issues I would appreciate the input.

cadcam: For the primary and secondary axis vector and direction it still needs to be changed in the .pst file.

Just finished a 5X post and after changing it endlessly in the mdef, I contacted CNC. They told me that stuff is still changed in the .pst manually.

PercisionD: Send me an email and I'll send you the pdf I have for the 5X post setup. I'm not sure it will help for your directional problem. But it's a good document.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Thanks Mike that would be great [email protected]

Mike could I also get a copy of that pdf document? I am having the same problem. Thank you.

[email protected]

Hi Mike,
    Mike could I also get a copy of that pdf document?
    thanks a lot.

[email protected]