585,687 active members*
4,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle delay

Help needed on this one!!
    when i start my gcode for routering , there is a short delay before the spindle starts. how can i remove this so it starts when i hit the start button.reason asking is i have my own built in delay timer with alarms and i dont wont to double the delay.
    thanks mick

Is there a dwell setting in your software? Is it set to zero?

The spindle on my mill comes up to speed in a second or two. 6600 RPM. Pretty quick.

My router does take a bit longer to get up to speed, but not alot. By the time it gets up to safe Z, it is full speed.

I am referring to when I click start.
    Lee

Im using mach3 software,all delays are set to 0.
    My delay timer is set to the minimun which is 7 seconds. so when you add the delay in mach3 its to long, about 10 seconds by then the router is trying to mill with out the spindle on.
    The only way arounds this is to start the spindle first or set the y gantry further away so it takes 10 seconds to get there.
    If i could get the spindle to start the same time i press the start button or minus a few seconds would be great.

I use Mach 3 as well.
    When I press cycle start, it all takes off to safe Z. The spindle or router starts after about a second and coolant turns on in the mill.

I am not understanding why you built a delay with alarms, but it sounds like your issues may rest right there. If you need more time to bring the spindle up to speed, a dwell time should be added. I understand you don't want to wait that long. Can you reduce the time on the thing you built?
    Lee