586,000 active members*
4,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HAAS debug mode

For anyone wanting to know,
    This is how we get into debug mode on a TL25 lathe with version 6 something software.

To get into debug mode go to SETTING 7 "PARAMETER LOCK" and set to OFF.
    Go to ALARM page and type DEBUG and press "write" button.
    You are now in DEBUG mode. To exit debug mode, type DEBUG once more in ALARM page.
    I don't think it matters what you were in when going to ALARM page, such as EDIT or MDI or JOG.:rainfro:
    PI R ROUND

Quote Originally Posted by vicstransam View Post
    For anyone wanting to know,
    This is how we get into debug mode on a TL25 lathe with version 6 something software.

To get into debug mode go to SETTING 7 "PARAMETER LOCK" and set to OFF.
    Go to ALARM page and type DEBUG and press "write" button.
    You are now in DEBUG mode. To exit debug mode, type DEBUG once more in ALARM page.
    I don't think it matters what you were in when going to ALARM page, such as EDIT or MDI or JOG.:rainfro:
    You really shouldn't be messing around in Debug if you don't know what you're doing (ie trained at the factory) as you can cause some serious damage to the machine almost instantly in debug just by changing something by accident.

I certainly don't recommend changing anything, but it could be useful to some to help diagnose a problem by just flipping through the wealth of info. If you don't need it, don't do it.
    PI R ROUND

I use it occasionally to check the machine hours. The other timers can be reset. I never messed anything up, but I was being careful

Debug to check alterations in machine?

Hello, I have a Haas TM-2 that has the key lock option on the side already. However we would like to explore other options too. I would like to see if there was a option in debug mode or such that keeps track of any personnel altering parameters or programs and such. The memory lock is way to simple for unathorized personel to figure out. Also is there a way to find out when a program was last eddited and added into the memory as a way to trace the time to an individual?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    You really shouldn't be messing around in Debug if you don't know what you're doing (ie trained at the factory) as you can cause some serious damage to the machine almost instantly in debug just by changing something by accident.
    Sometimes is necessary, like when you knock your box out and need to re-adjust centerline.

Can somebody help me change a feed rate on a program during edit mode for all the feed rates in the program instead of doing one by one or a variable such as x-.800 on all x-.800 please would be really appreciated

The Haas editor has a Find/Replace function, is that what you want? Hit F1 then scrool across the menus at the top of the screen. I think it is in the third from the left.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.