585,722 active members*
4,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

setting the tool data and the tool offsets

I just got a call about helping this company out that has a mazak 200mt they need to get the tool data and the tool offsets set and I am new to the mazak way of setting offsets and such can someone, anyone help me set the offsets and the tool data.The tool data, I think I got it except for the holder type 1-4 ? What does 1,2,3,4, mean like I said I am not use to to mazak way . I know this sounds easy but I need some help any one ? And also need the tool data page what are group offset for and do I need them? I have alot of questions like this PLEaSE ANYONE HELP<HELP<HELP

Thanks,
    Michael

Type 1-4 is the type of holder (tooling setup) that is being used. Box tooling off to the side, straight inline with the spindle, etc. You need the Operating manual or something so you can see what the generic holder types are. This is an Integrex 200 right? You call it 'mt' so probably Fusion MT? When you get to the field to select holder type, you should also see a simple sketch show up on the control menu buttons. It's basically to set the control up for the interference barriers. I don't think you have to set a holder type to run... Group no. is for Tool management....
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

setting offsets

Thanks for the info I will try it now but 1st there is one more thing how do I set the y axis it is not in line with the chuck on centerline ? So what data on the tool data page do I need to run? And can you give me a step by step on how to set the tool data and the tool offsets? PLEASE? This info has been very helpful keep it coming
    THANKS ,

Michael

holder type

there are 4 type of holders available in mazatrol, and each one is set by parameters. there are a limited number of parameters available for each type, and you cannot get very descriptive with each one, so I avoid using anything at all. to make a long story short I use zero.

Tool offsets come from the tooleye.
    tool data needs the length from gage line, tool material, and generic description of nominal size, id code not req'd, might also need tool type, e-mill, drill, tap, etc... if it's a turning tool that is completely different.

If it is a minimum of a fusion control you can turn on support for input on the menu bar and the control will show you a picture of what it's asking for on most menu items. Alt key should bring up the menu bar.

Y-axis centerline will be controlled by parameter grid shift. parameters different on each control. find in manual, or call Chicago 1-800-677-8311.

WOW Iam suprised of how easy this is when you have someone that knows what they are talking about.Thanks for this very helpful info thanks for your time . If there is anything else you can pass on to a newbie Iam all ears or in this case eyes ?

tool data

If you'd like I can print out some tool data from the Integrex 400 ST that we have using Matrix Cam, to give you an idea of what type of info you should be entering into the tool data page.

It's just a part..........and the tooleye makes it easy!

Tool Angles

The tool angles are very important if you get them wrong the machine will not allow your part to be turned.

Insert type
    CNMG = 95, 80 This means that the angle from the centerline of the main turning spindle to the front angle of the insert is 95 degrees. The 80 then refers to the angle of the CNMG insert that is 80 degrees.

DNMG = 93, 55 and VNMG = 93, 35

As for group numbers if you set two different tool numbers with the same group number when the tool life is reached on the first tool the machine will select the next tool with the same group number.

Please be very careful with this as you can crash your machine if you have set a tool life for an operator and he presses cycle start because the insert still looks OK. The machine will select the next tool and if you have forgot to check the group numbers it may bring in a completelt different tool.
    You need to have a system say 1000 for turning tools 2000 for drills etc

Please note that the tool life and sister tooling does not work correctly for multi tool holders. If you have a multi tool holder with 2 CNMG roughers a DNMG finisher and say a threader when the life is up on the CNMG it will still move and grab the next tool for roughing and it can not be set with number of parts it only works with time. You would think that Mazak would have fixed this bug by now.

Re: Tool Angles

can you give an update on this?
    does the machine need to know all FOUR positions of a tool ? even on a OD turning holder or two is enough?
    one for the main spindle and one for the sub spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by MAZAKINTEGREX View Post
    can you give an update on this?
    does the machine need to know all FOUR positions of a tool ? even on a OD turning holder or two is enough?
    one for the main spindle and one for the sub spindle?
    This issue was solved...it was posted in 2009