585,877 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > Microcontroller based bipolar stepper driver
Page 3 of 3 123

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dandumit View Post
    ok . Thank you for directions !
    First I will build the prototype and I will start to modify it from chopping to sync pwm.
    Second I will investigate the decay scheme. in an2229 it says that it is perfoming fast and slow decay on same phase. Taking in account discussions from this forum it's too nice to be true...
    I will keep you posted.
    most of the above is from Mariss and others but should be a good starting point for a great drive. Gecko's will likely outperform it but for the dedicated diy guy it could be outstanding. as it stands now the psoc reference design is better than allegro but still with many flaws.

above application it's based on psoc1. for an amateur it's a good choice. to compete with gecko it's a joke.
    But I repeat it's far better than all the open source designs that I have found on internet. And most interesting it's capable to drive high current motors.

Quote Originally Posted by amplexus View Post
    I'm no Bob Peace or Mariss but I can manage a few things let me know if I can help. At the very least I can keep you amused with unworkable ideas. If you get really stuck try e mailing Bob Peace, he is amazing and his columns are a goldmine of ideas.
    Amplexus
    ciao... Io devo scrivere un algoritmo per il controllo di 2 assi x e y controllati da 2 motori a passo mi servirebbe qualche algoritmo come esempio.. Dovrei farlo in linguaggio c

@ dandumit

Do you have schematic and source code for working version of psoc 1 available ?

Thanks

Hi,
    I have to look for them. Has passed some time (one hdd damaged) and I has thinking that nobody it's interested in this solution.
    Again compared with others drivers (even comercial) available it's a good choice.
    DAniel

OK

Let me know if you find files.
    email [email protected]

Thanks a lot

Schematic it's here :
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/603365-post30.html I will find the Kicad source too .
    Application it's exactly the same that given as sample design on Cypress site. Again I will look for them.

1.Thanks for schematics
    2.If you take a look at page 5 AN43679 there is no connection from digital blocks
    to ports ?

any comment

thanks

That connections are made at run time and not at design time. At very beginning I had a problem too to understand that. it's because same pwm generators are used to drive a H bridge in both ways.

dandumit
    Thanks a lot

Page 3 of 3 123